Review Questions and Answers for Veterinary Technicians Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Prepare your students for VTNE success! Review Questions and Answers for Veterinary Technicians, 6th Edition provides 5,000 VTNE-style questions that have been reviewed and updated to reflect the latest changes to the Veterinary Technician National Examination. The book begins with multiple-choice questions on basic knowledge, including anatomy and physiology, hospital management, calculations, and terminology. It continues with a Q&A review of core subjects such as pharmacology, surgical nursing, laboratory procedures, diagnostic imaging, and pain management. Answers are accompanied by detailed rationales. Best of all, an Evolve website allows students to create customized, timed practice exams that simulate the VTNE test-taking experience.
- More than 5,000 multiple-choice questions are rigorously reviewed, mirror the type of questions found on the VTNE, and are designed to test factual knowledge, reasoning skills, and clinical judgment.
- Detailed rationales are included in the print text and on the Evolve website, reinforcing student knowledge and providing the reasoning behind answers.
- Organization of the book into primary subject areas reflects the latest version of the VTNE.
- Customized exam generator on Evolve offers a simulated test-taking experience with customized practice tests and timed practice exams with instant feedback and extended rationales.
- NEW! More than 200 new questions are added to this edition.
PART ONE: FOUNDATION OF KNOWLEDGE REVIEW
Section 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Section 2: Hospital Management
Section 3: Calculations
Section 4: Terminology
PART TWO: VTNE REVIEW
Section 5: Pharmacology
Section 6: Surgical Nursing
Section 7: Dentistry
Section 8: Laboratory Procedures
Section 9: Animal Nursing
Section 10: Diagnostic Imaging
Section 11: Anesthesia
Section 12: Emergency and Critical Care
Section 13: Pain Management and Analgesia
Section 14: Exotic Animals
Appendix: Answer Key
Heather Prendergast, BS, RVT, CVPM, SPHR, Certified Practice Manager, Jornada Veterinary Clinic, Las Cruces, New Mexico