Mosby's Advanced Pharmacy Technician, 1st Edition
Help your students take their careers to the next level with Mosby’s Advanced Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice! Beginning with an exploration of expanding roles for the pharmacy technician, this resource includes coverage of leadership, management, and technical skills to support career progression, advanced-level ASHP accreditation, and preparation for the new Advanced Pharmacy Technician certification credential. Case studies, critical thinking exercises, chapter quizzes, and a sample exam provide ample opportunities for skills assessment. Combined with Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician, this text provides students with the tools and information they need to take charge of their careers.
(Mosby's Pharmacy Technician sold seperately.)
- Content is based on ASHP and PTCB standards to match the coverage required in advanced-level pharmacy technician programs and support the new CPhT-Adv credential.
- Coverage builds upon the Certified Pharmacy Technician skill set with a variety of advanced-level skills, including medication history and reconciliation, error prevention, hazardous medications, controlled substances, technology considerations, inventory, billing and reimbursement, and management and leadership topics to help students develop a supervisory skill set.
- Study and practice opportunities throughout include review questions at the end of each chapter, an exam-review appendix with sample questions, and review questions on the companion Evolve website.
- Chapter case studies and critical thinking exercises throughout emphasize real-world problem solving.
- Tech Notes and Tech Alerts offer practical tips for on-the-job accuracy and efficiency.
PART 1: THE ADVANCED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
1. Current and Expanding Role of the Pharmacy Technician
2. Training and Skills for Advanced Pharmacy Technician Roles
3. Leadership and Management Skills
4. Communication within the Interdisciplinary Team
PART 2: OPERATIONAL AND CLINICAL SKILLS
5. Operational Functions
6. Technology and Dispensing Systems
7. Advanced Clinical Skills in Community and Institutional Settings
8. Patient Medication Compliance and Monitoring
9. Sterile Products and Hazardous Drugs
10. Controlled Substance Diversion and Tracking
11. Medication Verification
PART 3: LAUNCHING YOUR CAREER
12. Education and Training
Appendix: Advanced Certification and Testing Preparation
Karen Davis, Krembil Brain Research Institute, Toronto Western Hospital, Canada