Student Laboratory Manual for Health Assessment for Nursing Practice - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Give your students the review and practice they need to master comprehensive health assessment skills! Corresponding to the major chapters in Wilson & Giddens’ Health Assessment for Nursing Practice, 7th Edition, this practical laboratory manual guides students through an assessment lab session for each of the textbook’s major topics and examination procedures. Step-by-step worksheets serve as a guide to techniques and as practice in documenting a comprehensive physical examination. New Performance Checklists ensure faculty that students can understand and perform each assessment skill!
- Comprehensive guide allows you to practice assessments in the health assessment laboratory.
- Perforated worksheets are included for each major chapter of the Wilson & Giddens Health Assessment for Nursing Practice textbook.
- Dual function lets this lab manual serve as both a guide and as practice in documenting a comprehensive health assessment and physical examination.
- NEW! Updated content matches the new Wilson & Giddens Health Assessment for Nursing Practice, 7th Edition textbook.
- NEW! Performance Checklists ensure faculty that you have mastered each assessment skill.
Unit I: Foundations for Health Assessment
1. Introduction to Health Assessment
2. Interviewing Patients to Obtain a Health History
3. Techniques and Equipment for Physical Assessment
4. General Inspection and Measurement of Vital Signs
5. Ethnic, Cultural, and Spiritual Considerations
6. Pain Assessment
7. Mental Health and Abusive Behavior Assessment
8. Nutritional Assessment
Unit II: Health Assessment of the Adult
9. Skin, Hair, and Nails
10. Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat
11. Lungs and Respiratory System
12. Heart and Peripheral Vascular System
13. Abdomen and Gastrointestinal System
14. Musculoskeletal System
15. Neurologic System
16. Breasts and Axillae
17. Reproductive System and the Perineum
Unit III: Health Assessment Across the Life Span
18. Developmental Assessment Throughout the Life Span
19. Assessment of the Infant, Child, and Adolescent
20. Assessment of the Pregnant Patient
21. Assessment of the Older Adult
Unit IV: Synthesis and Application of Health Assessment
22. Conducting a Head-to-Toe Examination
Susan Fickertt Wilson, PhD, RN, Emeritus Associate Professor, Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas and Jean Foret Giddens, PhD, RN, FAAN, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Executive Nurse Fellow, Dean and Professor, School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia