Student Laboratory Manual for Health Assessment for Nursing Practice - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Give your students the review and practice they need to master comprehensive health assessment skills! Corresponding to the major chapters in Wilson & Giddens’ Health Assessment for Nursing Practice, 7th Edition, this practical laboratory manual guides students through an assessment lab session for each of the textbook’s major topics and examination procedures. Step-by-step worksheets serve as a guide to techniques and as practice in documenting a comprehensive physical examination. New Performance Checklists ensure faculty that students can understand and perform each assessment skill!
- Comprehensive guide allows you to practice assessments in the health assessment laboratory.
- Perforated worksheets are included for each major chapter of the Wilson & Giddens Health Assessment for Nursing Practice textbook.
- Dual function lets this lab manual serve as both a guide and as practice in documenting a comprehensive health assessment and physical examination.
- NEW! Updated content matches the new Wilson & Giddens Health Assessment for Nursing Practice, 7th Edition textbook.
- NEW! Performance Checklists ensure faculty that you have mastered each assessment skill.
Unit I. Foundations for Health Assessment 1. Introduction to Health Assessment 2. Interviewing Patients to Obtain a Health History 3. Techniques and Equipment for Physical Assessment 4. General Inspection and Measurement of Vital Signs 5. Ethnic, Cultural, and Spiritual Considerations 6. Pain Assessment 7. Mental Health and Abusive Behavior Assessment 8. Nutritional Assessment
Unit II. Health Assessment of the Adult 9. Skin, Hair, and Nails 10. Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat 11. Lungs and Respiratory System 12. Heart and Peripheral Vascular System 13. Abdomen and Gastrointestinal System 14. Musculoskeletal System 15. Neurologic System 16. Breasts and Axillae 17. Reproductive System and the Perineum
Unit III. Health Assessment Across the Life Span 18. Developmental Assessment Throughout the Life Span 19. Assessment of the Infant, Child, and Adolescent 20. Assessment of the Pregnant Patient 21. Assessment of the Older Adult
Unit IV. Synthesis and Application of Health Assessment 22. Conducting a Head-to-Toe Examination 23. Documenting the Head-to-Toe Health Assessment 24. Adapting Health Assessment New title/emphasis!
Susan Fickertt Wilson, PhD, RN, Emeritus Associate Professor, Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas and Jean Foret Giddens, PhD, RN, FAAN, ANEF, Dean and Professor, Doris B. Yingling Endowed Chair, School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia