Medical Office Administration - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Learn the skills you need to succeed in the modern medical office! Medical Office Administration: A Worktext, 5th Edition provides a clear, hands-on approach to help you master the role and responsibilities of the administrative medical assistant. With a focus on exceptional patient service, this easy-to-read text stresses comprehension, application, and critical thinking to ensure you are job-ready on Day 1. When used in conjunction with SimChart® for the Medical Office, Elsevier’s educational EHR (sold separately), you will gain realistic experience with day-to-day tasks as if you were in an actual office setting. This worktext helps you develop the knowledge and skills you need to think critically and respond confidently to the challenges you’ll encounter on the job.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 84 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Approachable writing style uses a conversational tone for easy understanding.
- Procedure checklists outline the steps required to complete a full range of administrative tasks.
- Patient-centered focus highlights the importance of exceptional service as a key component of every Medical Assisting competency.
- Think About It feature encourages you to apply your knowledge to realistic work situations and develop critical thinking.
- Chapter checkpoints promote comprehension with questions following sections of the text.
- Compliance tips provide focused guidance on how to follow HIPAA mandates.
- Learning resources on the Evolve website provide extra practice, including chapter quizzes, a sample certification exam, and interactive forms.
- NEW content expands discussion of patient confidentiality, healthcare data security, appointment scheduling, procedure coding changes, job search strategies, and more.
- UNIQUE! Correlation with NEW SimChart® for the Medical Office (SCMO) exercises simulates all aspects of the administrative functions that make up the day-to-day practice of a medical office. (SCMO sold separately.)
- NEW! Sample practice examination on the Evolve website provides effective preparation for certification.
1. The Career of a Medical Administrative Assistant
2. The Health Care Team
3. Medical Law and Ethics
4. The Diverse Community of Patients
5. Interpersonal Communications
6. Appointment Scheduling
7. Patient Reception and Registration
8. Health Information Management
9. Procedure and Diagnosis Coding
10. Medical Billing
11. Health Insurance and Health Benefits Programs
12. Business Operations of the Medical Office
13. Financial Management
14. Human Resources Management
15. Job Search Essentials
Appendix A: Answers to Think About It Questions
Appendix B: Competency Assessment Checklist
Appendix C: Using SimChart for the Medical Office
Brenda A. Potter, BS, CPC-I, CPC, Medical Administrative Program Director, Minnesota State Community & Technical College Moorhead, MN