Surgical Instrumentation, 4th Edition
Written for students preparing for careers as surgical technologists, surgical first assistants, registered nurses, physicians, physician assistants, central service technicians, and surgical sales representatives, Surgical Instrumentation: An Interactive Approach, 4th Edition offers a level of visual clarity and realism unmatched by any other surgical instrument book. Many photos include close-up views of the instrument tip, so students can quickly discern differences between instruments. Interactive resources on the Evolve companion website allow students to view 360-degree rotations of more than 100 instruments. Also included are flash cards, timed memory exercises, Mayo stands, quizzes, and instrument sets for common procedures in various surgical specialties.
- Instruments organized by category within their surgical specialty make it easy to find specific instruments.
- More than 660 full-color instrument photographs with inset instrument tip photos help you learn the most common surgical instruments for all surgical procedures.
- Consistent, clear, and concise instrument monographs include names, category, use, and insight.
- Caution bullets detail potential hazards or concerns you must consider when using an instrument.
- Surgical Setups chapter familiarizes you with common instrument setups for various procedures.
- Reader-friendly layout with two instruments per page makes it easier to see the details of each instrument.
- Evolve companion website offers interactive exercises, practice quizzes, flash cards, and 360-degree instrument rotations to reinforce understanding.
- NEW! Basic Sterilization chapter provides comprehensive coverage of decontamination and sterilization of instruments.
- NEW! Basic Operating Room Supplies and Equipment chapter familiarizes you with what you will encounter in the OR.
- NEW! Additional close-up/inset photos of instruments give you a detailed way to examine and learn about instruments you’ll be working with on a daily basis.
1 Introduction to Surgical Instruments
2 Basic Sterilization
3 Basic Instruments
4 General Instruments
5 Laparoscopic Instruments
6 Robotic Instruments
7 Obstetrics and Gynecologic Instruments
8 Genitourinary Instruments
9 Ophthalmic Instruments
10 Otorhinolaryngology Instruments
11 Oral Instruments
12 Plastic and Reconstructive Instruments
13 Orthopedic Instruments
14 Neurosurgical Instruments
15 Cardiovascular Thoracic Instruments
16 Basic Operating Room Supplies and Equipment
17 Surgical Setups
Renee Nemitz, CST, RN, AAS, Surgical Technology Program Instructor, Western Iowa Tech Community College, Sioux City, IA