Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 11th Edition
Who says studying for the NCLEX® can’t be fun? Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 11th Edition uses colorful drawings and mnemonic cartoons to help you review and remember the nursing content found on the NCLEX-RN examination. A concise outline format makes it easier to study key facts, principles, and applications of the nursing process. More than 2,500 NCLEX exam-style questions on the Evolve website allow you to create practice exams, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and review answers and rationales. Written by noted NCLEX expert JoAnn Zerwekh, this study guide provides a visual, unintimidating way to prepare for success on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- More than 2,500 review questions on the Evolve website allow you to practice test-taking in Study or Exam mode.
- UNIQUE! Mnemonic cartoons provide a fun, easy way to review and remember key nursing concepts and disease processes.
- UNIQUE! Integrated systems approach incorporates pediatric, adult, and older adult lifespan considerations for basic nursing care concepts.
- UNIQUE! Appendixes in each chapter summarize diagnostic tests, medications, and nursing procedures for quick reference.
- Answers and rationales are provided for all review questions.
- Alternate item format questions on Evolve prepare you for the interactive question types on the NCLEX examination, including priority, drag-and-drop, and hot-spot questions.
- Priority Concepts at the beginning of each chapter focus your attention on the chapter’s key nursing concepts.
- Nursing Priority boxes make it easier to distinguish priorities of nursing care.
- Test Alert boxes highlight concepts frequently found on the NCLEX test plan.
- Pharmacology tables make key drug information easy to find, with high-alert medications noted by a special icon.
- Special icons distinguish pediatric and adult disorders, and identify Self-Care and Home Care content.
- NEW! Patient Scenarios and Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Examination-Style question types on the Evolve website provide practice with these new types of questions.
- NEW! Review of the NCSBN’s clinical judgment model and six cognitive skills helps to prepare you for the nursing profession and taking the NCLEX-RN® examination.
- NEW! Pediatric content is moved into a separate new chapter and organized by body systems.
1. Testing Strategies for the NCLEX-RN® Examination
2. Health Implications Across the Life Span
3. Concepts of Nursing Practice
4. Culture and Spiritual Awareness
5. Nursing Management
6. Ethical and Legal Concepts
7. Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and Bioterrorism
8. Pharmacology and Medication Administration
9. Homeostasis Concepts
10. Immune: Care of the Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients
11. Cancer Concepts
12. Psychosocial Nursing Care
13. Integumentary: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
14. Sensory: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
15. Endocrine: Care of Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients
16. Hematology: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
17. Respiratory: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
18. Vascular: Care of Adult Clients
19. Cardiac: Care of Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients
20. Gastrointestinal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
21. Hepatic and Biliary: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
22. Neurology: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
23. Musculoskeletal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
24. Reproductive: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
25. Urinary-Renal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
26. Maternity Nursing Care
27. Newborn Nursing Care
Appendix: Normal Laboratory Data
References and Resources
JoAnn Zerwekh, MSN, EdD, RN, President/CEO Nursing Education Consultants, Inc. Chandler, Arizona [email protected]