AACN Core Curriculum for Progressive and Critical Care Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Prepare your students for clinical practice in progressive and critical care nursing with this definitive resource! From the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, the AACN Core Curriculum for Progressive and Critical Care Nursing, 8th Edition covers the knowledge and skills needed to provide safe and effective care in progressive and critical care settings and to prepare for the CCRN® and PCCN® certification examinations. Content in this edition corresponds to the most recent CCRN® and PCCN® exam blueprints and reflects the latest in evidence-based practice. With its clear outline format and comprehensive coverage of nursing competencies, this text is both a convenient clinical reference and a valuable study tool.
- PUBLISHER’S NOTE: Although some copies of this title mention that an access code is included inside, no access code is included or required to access the Evolve materials for this book.
- Experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) provide the definitive reference for progressive and critical care nursing care of adults.
- Concise outline format makes information easy to find and easy to digest.
- Basic to advanced levels of coverage emphasizes clinical nursing practice, preparing you with the full range of knowledge needed for optimal patient care in progressive and critical care settings.
- Key content in each body systems chapter includes an anatomy and physiology review, assessment, patient care, and specific patient health problems.
- Expert Tips and Key Concepts boxes highlight important content and serve as a quick reference.
- NEW! Updated content corresponds to the most recent CCRN® and PCCN® examination blueprints and reflects the latest research evidence, clinical studies, national and international treatment protocols, the AACN/ANA scope of practice, and AACN’s ECCO 3.0.
- NEW! Updated table of contents, chapter format, and full-color design make the book easier to read and use.
- NEW! Additional full-color illustrations, boxes, and tables enhance understanding and provide quicker access to need-to-know information in clinical practice.
AACN and Tonja Hartjes, DNP, CNS, APRN, CNE®cl, CCRN, FAANP, Associate Program Director and Associate Professor, DNP Program, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX