Student Workbook for Essentials of Dental Assisting - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Reinforce student understanding of dental assisting skills with this practical workbook! With chapters corresponding to the chapters in Essentials of Dental Assisting, 7th Edition, this study guide provides a variety of exercises and activities to help students master the role and responsibilities of the dental assistant. Learning activities include review questions, competency sheets, and handy flashcards, helping students apply dental assisting concepts and practice clinical procedures. It’s the ideal study tool for students to use in dental assisting courses and to prepare for national board and state certification exams!
- Chapter exercises test your recall and comprehension of the material with short answer, multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, matching, true/false, and labeling for dental anatomy and charting.
- Correlation with the textbook makes it easy to move between the chapters in the main text and the competency sheets and exercises in the workbook.
- Correlation with the online Interactive Dental Office provides engaging exercises for the patient cases on the Evolve website.
- Competency sheets allow you to practice a skill until you have mastered it, and provide a convenient template for self-, peer-, or instructor evaluation.
- Cases with short-answer questions let you apply concepts to the practice setting.
- Removable flashcards quiz you about the sciences, medical emergencies, infection control, radiography, dental materials, instruments, and dental procedures, helping you prepare more effectively for courses and also for national board and state certification exams.
- Perforated pages allow users to detach exercises for classroom evaluation and competency forms for use in clinical evaluation settings.
- NEW! Updated content reflects changes to the Essentials of Dental Assisting, 7th Edition textbook, in areas such as the electronic health record, preventive techniques, the impact of the Affordable Care Act, and cultural diversity.
PART ONE THE PROFESSION
1 Introduction to Dental Assisting
2 Professional and Legal Aspects of Dental Assisting
PART TWO THE SCIENCES
3 Anatomy and Physiology
4 Dental Anatomy
PART THREE INFECTION CONTROL IN THE DENTAL SETTING
5 Microbiology and Disease Transmission
6 Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials
7 Surface Disinfection and Treatment Room Preparation
8 Instrument Processing
PART FOUR PATIENT CARE
9 The Dental Patient
10 Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
PART FIVE FOUNDATION OF CLINICAL DENTISTRY
11 Delivering Dental Care
12 Instruments, Handpieces, and Accessories
13 The Dental Examination
14 Moisture Control
15 Pain and Anxiety Management
PART SIX DENTAL IMAGING
16 Principal Concepts of Radiation
17 Oral Radiography
PART SEVEN DENTAL MATERIALS
18 Restorative and Esthetic Materials
19 Impression Materials and Laboratory Procedures
PART EIGHT PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY
20 Preventive Care
21 Coronal Polishing and Dental Sealants
PART NINE COMPREHENSIVE DENTISTRY
22 Restorative Dentistry
23 Prosthodontics and Digital Technology
26 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
27 Pediatric Dentistry
PART TEN PREPARATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Former Research Associate, Department of Nutrition Gillings School of Global Public Health University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina