Study Guide for LoBiondo-Wood and Haber’s Nursing Research in Canada, 5e - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Corresponding to the chapters in LoBiondo-Wood and Haber’s Nursing Research in Canada, 5th Edition, this companion study guide enriches your understanding of nursing research and evidence-informed practice and allows you to further hone your critiquing skills. Each chapter includes a wide variety of activities, including fill-in-the-blank questions, matching exercises, and more that correlate with clinical practice experiences. This must-have companion will help you fully understand important skills, concepts, and techniques for applying nursing research to evidence-informed practice!
- Evidence-informed practice content in each chapter guides you in applying research to everyday practice.
- Web-based activities require you to review and develop clinical judgement to evaluate internet-based information.
- Introduction and learning outcomes at the start of each chapter help you focus on key content.
- Fun activities and exercises assist you in mastering the material and include fill-in-the-blank and matching-column exercises, as well as student group activities.
- Additional activities refer you to current research studies in the text.
- Answers to activities and post-tests at the end of each chapter facilitate self-study and provide immediate feedback to promote stronger comprehension.
- NEW! Updated content corresponds to the 5th edition of the text.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX®-format case studies and questions help you prepare for upcoming changes to the exam.
1. The Role of Research in Nursing
2. Theoretical Framework
3. Critical Reading Strategies: Overview of the Research Process
4. Developing Research Questions, Hypotheses, and Clinical Questions
5. Finding and Appraising the Literature
6. Legal and Ethical Issues
7. Introduction to Qualitative Research
8. Qualitative Approaches to Research
9. Introduction to Quantitative Research
10. Experimental and Quasiexperimental Designs
11. Non-experimental Designs
13. Data Collection Methods
14. Rigour in Research
15. Qualitative Data Analysis
16. Quantitative Data Analysis
17. Presenting the Findings
18. Critiquing Qualitative Research
19. Critiquing Quantitative Research
20. Developing an Evidence-Informed Practice
Answer Key (Post-Test answer key found on Evolve)
Mina Singh, RN, RP, BSc, BScN, MEd, PhD, I-FCNEI, Professor, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health, York University, Toronto, Ontario Former Associate Director, Research, Faculty of Health - Nursing, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Lorraine Thirsk, RN, PhD, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Disciplines, Athabasca University, Athabasca, Alberta, Ramesh Venkatesaperumal, RN, MSc(N), CCNE, CNCC®, PhD(c), Professor, School of Community and Health Studies, Centennial College; Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Geri LoBiondo-Wood, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor, Director of PhD Nursing Program, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Nursing Systems and Technology, Houston, Texas and Judith Haber, PhD, RN, FAAN, The Ursula Springer Leadership Professor in Nursing, Rory Meyers College of Nursing, New York University, New York, New York