Workbook for Mosby's Textbook for Medication Assistants, 2nd Edition
Reinforce student understanding of drug administration with this practical workbook! Corresponding to the chapters in Mosby's Textbook for Medication Assistants, 2nd Edition, this workbook helps students review concepts and practice the procedures performed by medication assistants. A wide variety of exercises and activities let students apply their knowledge to healthcare settings. Not only will students get more out of the textbook, but they will also prepare for certification exams by building on strengths and improving any areas of weakness.
- Engaging exercises enhance and reinforce your comprehension with matching, multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true/false questions.
- Independent learning activities challenge you to apply your knowledge to practice.
- Procedure checklists make it easier to learn and practice medication administration skills, and provide helpful self-evaluation.
- NEW! Updated exercises correspond with the updated drug information and content in Mosby's Textbook for Medication Assistants, 2nd Edition.
- NEW! Dosage calculation exercises allow you to practice and improve math skills.
1. The Medication Assistant
3. Ethics and Laws
4. Assisting with the Nursing Process
5. Body Structure and Function
6. Infection Prevention NEW!
7. Basic Pharmacology
8. Life Span Considerations
9. Drug Orders and Prescriptions
10. Medication Safety
11. Oral, Sublingual, and Buccal Drugs
12. Topical Drugs
13. Eye, Ear, Nose, and Inhaled Drugs
14. Vaginal and Rectal Drugs
15. Drugs Affecting the Nervous System
16. Drugs Used for Mental Health Disorders
17. Drugs Used for Seizure Disorders
18. Drugs Used to Manage Pain
19. Drugs Used to Lower Lipids
20. Drugs Used to Treat Hypertension
21. Drugs Used to Treat Dysrhythmias
22. Drugs Used to Treat Angina, Peripheral Vascular Disease, and Heart Failure
23. Drugs Used for Diuresis
24. Drugs Used to Treat Thrombo-Embolic Disorders
25. Drugs Used to Treat Respiratory Diseases
26. Drugs Used to Treat Gastro-Esophageal Reflux and Peptic Ulcer Disease
27. Drugs Used to Treat Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, and Diarrhea
28. Drugs Used to Treat Diabetes and Thyroid Disease
29. Cortico-Steroids and Gonadal Hormones
30. Drugs Used for Men’s and Women’s Health
31. Drugs Used to Treat Urinary System Disorders
32. Drugs Used to Treat Eye Disorders
33. Drugs Used in the Treatment of Cancer
34. Drugs Affecting Muscles and Joints
35. Drugs Used to Treat Infections
36. Nutrition and Herbal and Dietary Supplement Therapy
Karen Anderson, MSN, RN