Clinical Companion to Lewis's Medical-Surgical Nursing, 12th Edition
Designed for portability, this Clinical Companion provides at-a-glance access to key information on more than 200 medical-surgical conditions and procedures. Completely updated content mirrors the revisions in the 12th edition of Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems. Organized alphabetically for quick reference, it includes a variety of full-color illustrations and summary tables, as well as a handy reference appendix with laboratory values, Spanish translations of key phrases, and other information commonly used in nursing practice.
- Part One: Disorders offers practical information in a consistent format: Definitions and Descriptions, Pathophysiology, Clinical Manifestations, Complications, Diagnostic Studies, Interprofessional Care and Drug Therapy, and Nursing Management.
- Treatments and Procedures section summarizes need-to-know content about common medical-surgical treatments and procedures such as basic life support, enteral nutrition, and artificial airway management.
- Patient and caregiver teaching content is highlighted with a special icon to identify appropriate information to share with patients and caregivers about the care of various conditions.
- Cross-references to the main text direct you to more in-depth information.
- Handy reference appendix contains information frequently used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, Spanish translations of key phrases, and much more.
- Attractive four-color design makes it quick and easy to locate specific information.
- Updated content reflects the revisions and updates in the Lewis's Medical-Surgical Nursing, 12th Edition text.
Part One: Disorders
Part Two: Treatments and Procedures
Part Three: Reference Appendix
Debra Hagler, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, CNE, CHSE, ANEF, FAAN, Clinical Professor,Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation,Arizona State University,Phoenix, Arizona, Mariann M. Harding, PhD, RN, CNE, FAADN, Professor of Nursing Technology,Kent State University Tuscarawas,New Philadelphia, Ohio, Jeffrey Kwong, DNP, MPH, RN, ANP-BC, FAAN, FAANP, Program Director, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Program; Program Director, HIV Sub-specialty; Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, New York and Courtney Reinisch, RN, DNP, FNP-BC, Director of Undergraduate Nursing, School of Nursing, Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey