Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Help your students learn the principles and skills of respiratory care for neonates, infants, and children! Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care, 6th Edition provides a solid foundation in the assessment and treatment of respiratory disorders in children. Clear, full-color coverage simplifies the concepts of respiratory care while emphasizing clinical application. Reflecting the changing face of this profession, this edition unpacks care strategies with coverage of the newest treatment algorithms, interventions, mechanical ventilation technologies, and more. This text is also an excellent study tool for the NBRC’s Neonatal/Pediatric Specialty examination.
- Authoritative, evidence-based content covers all of the major topics of respiratory care for neonates, infants, and children, including both theory and application, with an emphasis on an entry-level BS degree.
- Nearly 500 full-color illustrations — plus clear tables and graphs — make it easier to understand key concepts.
- Case studies include a brief patient history and questions for each, showing how concepts apply to the more difficult areas of care for neonatal and pediatric disorders.
- Complete test preparation is provided through coverage of all the content in the matrix for the 2020 NBRC neonatal/pediatric specialty (NPS) credentialing exam.
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter break down key content into measurable behaviors, criteria, and conditions.
- Key Points at the end of each chapter summarize the more important information in a bulleted format.
- Assessment Questions at the end of each chapter are written in the NBRC multiple-choice style as found on the Neonatal/Pediatric Specialty (NPS) exam, helping you become familiar with the NBRC testing format.
- Glossary makes it easy to find definitions of all of the book’s key terminology.
- Answers to assessment and case study questions are provided on the Evolve website.
- NEW! Logical, easy-to-use organization divides the content into three sections of 1) Neonatal, 2) Pediatrics, and 3) Neonatal and Pediatric combined, mirroring the academic approach of most respiratory care programs.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the new matrix for the 2020 NBRC Neonatal/Pediatric Specialty (NPS) exam.
- NEW! Assessment Questions at the end of each chapter are updated to reflect the changes to the 2020 NBRC exam.
- NEW! Additional treatment algorithms of care are added to relevant chapters.
Neonatal: Section 1: Fetal Development Assessment, and Delivery 1. Fetal Lung Development 2. Fetal Gas Exchange and Circulation 3. Antenatal Assessment and High-Risk Delivery Section 2: Assessment and Monitoring of the Neonate 4. Examination and Assessment of the Neonatal Patient (Split Chapter) 5 (6). Radiographic Assessment (Split Chapter) 6 (8). Invasive Blood Gas Analysis (Spilt Chapter) 7 (9). Noninvasive Monitoring in Neonatal (Spilt Chapter) Section 3: Neonatal Disorders: Presentation, Diagnosis, and Treatment 8 (22). Neonatal Pulmonary Disorders 9 (23). Surgical Disorders in Neonate that Affect Respiratory Care (Split Chapter) 10 (24). Congenital Cardiac Defects 11 (14). Surfactant Replacement Therapy 12 (15). Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation and Continuous Positive Pressure of the Neonate 13 (17). Invasive Mechanical Ventilation of the Neonate (Split Chapter) Pediatric: Section 4: Pediatric Assessment and Monitoring of the 14 (4). Examination and Assessment of the Pediatric Patient (Split Chapter) 15 (5). Pulmonary Function Testing and Bedside Pulmonary Mechanics 16 (6). Radiographic Assessment (Split) 17 (7). Pediatric Flexible Bronchoscopy 18 (8). Invasive Blood Gas Analysis and Cardiovascular Monitoring 19 (9). Noninvasive Monitoring in Pediatric Care Section 5: Pediatric Disorders: Presentation, Diagnosis, and Treatment 20 (23). Surgical Disorders in Childhood that Affect Respiratory Care 21 (25). Pediatric Sleep-Disordered Breathing 22 (26). Pediatric Airway Disorders and Parenchymal Lung Diseases 23 (27). Asthma 24 (28). Cystic Fibrosis 25 (29). Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome 26 (30). Shock 27 (31). Pediatric Trauma 28 (32). Disorders of the Pleura 29 (33). Neurological and Neuromuscular Disorders Neonatal and Pediatric: Section 6: Therapeutic Procedures for Treatment of Neonatal and Pediatric Disorders 30 (10). Oxygen Administration 31 (11). Aerosols and Administration of Inhaled Medications 32 (12). Airway Clearance Techniques and Hyperinflation Therapy 33 (13). Airway Management 34 (18). Administration of Gas Mixtures 35 (19). Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation 36 (20). Pharmacology 37 (21). Thoracic Organ Transplantation Section 7: Neonatal and Pediatric Transient and Ambulatory Care 38 (34). Transport of Infants and Children 39 (35). Home Care 36. Quality and Safety Remove Glossary Credits List Index
Brian K. Walsh, PhD, RRT-NPS, RRT-ACCS, RPFT, FAARC, Director, Respiratory Therapy Program, Professor of Health Sciences, Liberty University