Health Assessment Online for Physical Examination and Health Assessment (Access Code), 9th Edition
Online Course - Access Card
Immerse students in a dynamic, interactive learning experience that yields in-depth, application-level learning of key content in physical examination and health assessment! Health Assessment Online corresponds to the 9th edition of Jarvis's Physical Examination and Health Assessment to bring content to life through engaging online interaction. This bestselling online course is a rich collection of more than 8,000 interactive learning resources, including learning modules, case studies, video clips, animations, game-like activities, and review questions. Self-paced learning modules guide students through foundational content, and comprehensive case studies provide the opportunity to apply what they’ve learned.
- Library of 8,000 game-like learning activities complements other coursework to reinforce learning.
- Self-paced learning modules and capstone case studies use video clips, animations, audio clips, images, and interactive exercises to guide students through foundational content and data gathering for each system and provide the opportunity to apply what they've learned in a comprehensive case study. These interactive modules:
- Ensure preparation for class
- Reinforce course material
- Help students prepare for exams and clinical practice
- More 400 video clips demonstrate key examination techniques and procedures.
- 130 video clips on pediatric and maternity patients give unique insights into assessments for these special populations.
- 85 animations bring important anatomic and physiologic concepts to life.
- 1,050 multiple-choice review questions prepare students for course exams and the Next-Generation NCLEX® Exam.
- 220 interactive exercises provide self-study and remediation.
- 30 anatomic overlays depict the anatomy beneath the surface of the skin.
- Profiles of 75 laboratory and diagnostic tests, with lab values that can affect assessment findings, provide quick access to essential information.
- Glossary with 1,100 terms, including audio pronunciations in English and Spanish, equips students to understand and pronounce essential assessment terminology.
- Advanced Practice Case Studies guide advanced practice students (e.g., Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist, etc.) through the examination process for each body system, from recording a patient's history through determining a likely diagnosis.
- Electronic Charting Activities provide interactive practice in documenting examinations with realistic electronic health records and clinical case studies from the Jarvis textbook.
- UPDATED! Content reflects the changes in the new 9th edition of Jarvis’s Physical Examination and Health Assessment.
- UPDATED! Accessibility has been enhanced as needed, based on current multimedia standards.
Self-Paced Learning Modules with Capstone Cases
Advanced Practice Case Studies
Discussion Board Activities
Laboratory and Diagnostic Test Overviews
Multiple-Choice Review Questions
Video Clips — Maternity and Pediatric
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Certified Nurse Practitioner (retired), Bloomington, Illinois