Bontrager's Handbook of Radiographic Positioning and Techniques - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Equip students with the portable guidance on positioning they need for success during clinicals with Bontrager’s Handbook of Radiographic Positioning and Techniques, 10th Edition. This is portable reference for radiographic anatomy and positioning provides bulleted instructions and photos of properly-positioned patients to help students safely and confidently position for the most-commonly requested radiographic studies. This pocket-sized handbook also provides suggested techniques and critique points so students have a quick reference for evaluating their own radiographs as they produce them in clinicals.
- 217 projections provide a snapshot of essential information in an easily accessible and portable format.
- Standard radiographic image and evaluation criteria are presented on each positioning page, demonstrating critical anatomy and a list for critique.
- Page number references for the text are included at the bottom of each positioning page to help you easily move back and forth between the text for greater detail and explanation concerning a particular position.
- Positioning presentations include positioning instructions, collimation field size, CR location and CR angle, suggested kVp ranges, space for writing in exposure factors, and more.
- Appendices offer additional quick-reference information on patient dose, abbreviations and acronyms, and various conversion charts, enabling you to locate important information quickly.
- NEW! Updated photographs visually demonstrate the latest digital technology used in radiography with new radiographs, positioning, and equipment images.
- NEW! Updated content reflecting the latest ARRT competencies prepares you for boards and clinical practice.
- NEW! Additional Bernageau and Zanca projections offer guidance on these important projections performed for shoulder pathology and trauma.
2 Upper Limb
3 Humerus and Shoulder Girdle
4 Lower Limb
5 Femur and Pelvic Girdle
6 Vertebral Column
7 Bony Thorax
8 Cranium, Facial Bones, and Paranasal Sinuses
9 Abdomen and Common Contrast Media Procedures
10 Mobile (Portables) and Surgical Procedures
Appendix A Reducing Patient Dose
Appendix B Exposure-Distance Conversion Chart
Appendix C Cast Conversion Rule
Appendix D Grid Ratio Conversion Chart
Appendix E Initials (Abbreviations), Technical Terms, and Acronyms
John Lampignano, MEd, RT(R) (CT), Retired Director Gateway Community College Phoenix, Arizona Visiting Professor Boise State University Boise, Idaho and Leslie E. Kendrick, MS, RT(R)(CT)(MR), Associate Professor, Program Director, Chair Department of Radiologic Sciences School of Allied Health Sciences College of Health Sciences Boise State University Boise, Idaho