Drug Calculations Online (Generic Version 3) - eCommerce, 1st Edition
The easy-to-use Drug Calculations Online, Version 3 is especially designed for nursing students in need of an online drug calculations tool that can be used with any book. This affordable, innovative course features practice problems with step-by-step tutorials for each of the four major drug calculation methods (ratio and proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis), so you can choose your preferred method. Interactive self-assessment activities, such as matching, sequencing, labeling, and multiple select activities, expose you to the types of questions seen on the NCLEX® examination.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Discusses the four major drug calculation methods — ratio & proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis — to expose you to all calculation methods, so you can choose your preferred method.
- Extensive math instruction helps you master the basic skills needed to accurately and effectively calculate drug dosages.
- Math practice problems with step-by-step tutorials guide you through each of the four drug calculation methods.
- Interactive self-assessment activities, such as matching, sequencing, labeling, and multiple select activities, are similar to the types of questions seen on the NCLEX examination.
- Interactive case studies in select modules incorporate real life patient scenarios.
- Quizzes within each module allow you to test your knowledge of all major topics covered in that particular section.
- Animations demonstrate concepts related to dosage calculation and drug administration.
- A comprehensive audio glossary defines pertinent terms within the course.
- Modules are organized by topic sections and include an overview, objectives, a reading assignment, example problems, practice problems, quizzes and test bank questions.
- Engaging voice-over narration enhances the step-by-step explanation of math skills and drug calculation methods — and livens up instruction and discussion.
- Content on the latest drug administration techniques and devices, as well as the various forms of administering drugs, including oral, intravenous, intra-muscular, subcutaneous, and other routes used in drug administration.
- Coverage of infusion pumps, including enteral, single, multi-channel, PCA, and insulin, helps you understand their increased use in drug administration.
- UPDATED! Revised drug content ensures you are learning with the latest medication information.
- UPDATED! Practice problems with current drug labels create more realistic instruction and learning.
- UPDATED! The latest ISMP and TJC guidelines enable you to learn the most up-to-date terms and abbreviations.
Basic Math Review (Number Systems, Fractions, Decimals, Ratio/Proportion, Percentage, Post-Math Test)
Module 1: Systems Used for Drug Administration and Temperature Conversion
Module 2: Conversion within the Metric and Household Systems
Module 3: Interpretation of Drug Labels, Drug Orders, Bar Codes, MAR and eMAR, Automation of Medication Dispensing, Administration, and Abbreviations
Module 4: Prevention of Medication Errors
Module 5: Alternative Methods for Drug Administration
Module 6: Methods of Calculation
Module 7: Methods of Calculation for Individualized Drug Dosing
Module 8: Oral and Enteral Preparations with Clinical Applications
Module 9: Injectable Preparations with Clinical Applications
Module 10: Antidiabetic Medications
Module 11: Intravenous Preparations with Clinical Applications
Module 12: Anticoagulants
Module 13: Pediatrics
Module 14: Critical Care
Module 15: Pediatric Critical Care
Module 16: Labor and Delivery
Module 17: Home Care and Community