Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Help your students master the essentials of anatomy and body movement and to succeed as PTAs! Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant, 4th Edition provides a solid background in the structure and function of the musculoskeletal system, with clear explanations of normal movement setting the stage for discussions of abnormal movement patterns and treatment techniques. To clarify kinesiology concepts, full-color illustrations show bones, joints, supporting ligaments, and muscles. Preparing PTA students for success in both the classroom and the clinical setting, this concise guide includes a fully searchable eBook version with each print purchase.
- More than 600 full-color photos and drawings help you understand key concepts.
- Expert author team of Paul Jackson Mansfield and Donald Neumann represents a combined 50 years of physical therapy practice and more than 40 years of teaching experience.
- UNIQUE! Illustrations from Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System depict body anatomy and movement.
- UNIQUE! Atlas-style muscle presentations pair the illustration of a specific muscle or group with the relevant attachments, innervations, and actions.
- Study questions include 20-30 multiple-choice and true/false practice questions in each chapter, serving as a self-assessment tool for exam preparation.
- UNIQUE! Goniometry boxes in joint-specific chapters show how the goniometer may be used to measure joint angle or range of motion.
- Clinical Insight and Consider This boxes link the concepts of kinesiology with their clinical applications in physical therapy.
- Summary tables and boxes pull content together into a concise, quick-reference format.
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter include a chapter outline, outcome objectives, and key terms.
- NEW! Revised content and updated references provide the current information you need to be an effective clinician.
- NEW! Discussion of Common Patterns of Joint Restriction is included in each chapter.
- NEW! eBook version is included with print purchase. The eBook includes video clips, animations, flashcards, and labeling exercises, and allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- NEW! Video clips help you interpret new concepts with visual demonstration.
CHAPTER 1 Basic Principles of Kinesiology
CHAPTER 2 Structure and Function of Joints
CHAPTER 3 Structure and Function of Skeletal Muscle
CHAPTER 4 Structure and Function of the Shoulder Complex
CHAPTER 5 Structure and Function of the Elbow and Forearm Complex
CHAPTER 6 Structure and Function of the Wrist
CHAPTER 7 Structure and Function of the Hand
CHAPTER 8 Structure and Function of the Vertebral Column
CHAPTER 9 Structure and Function of the Hip
CHAPTER 10 Structure and Function of the Knee
CHAPTER 11 Structure and Function of the Ankle and Foot
CHAPTER 12 Fundamentals of Human Gait
CHAPTER 13 Kinesiology of Mastication and Ventilation
Paul Jackson Mansfield, MPT, Professor and Program Coordinator, Physical Therapist Assistant Program, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Milwaukee, WI and Donald A. Neumann, PT, Ph.D., FAPTA, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy and Exercise Science, College of Health Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI