Zika and Other Neglected and Emerging Flaviviruses, 1st Edition
- Covers familiar flaviviruses that are spreading into new regions or are causing increasingly severe disease (such as Zika, dengue and West Nile viruses), as well as lesser-knowns viruses such as tick-borne encephalitis virus, Powassan virus, Omsk hemorrhagic fever, and Murray Valley encephalitis virus.
- Allows health-related personnel to search for potential treatments and protective responses by examining what measure did or did not work with other, related flaviviruses.
- Helps readers understand how to prevent or contain newly emerging viral threats?a particularly timely topic regarding the global spread of COVID-19 and the potential of tick-borne encephalitis to rapidly spread and cause severe illness, panic, and disruption of economies.
- Consolidates today’s available information on this timely topic into a single, convenient resource.
- Introduction to Flaviviruses
- Dengue Virus
- Zika Virus
- West Nile Virus
- Kunjin Virus
- Usutu Virus
- Murray Valley Encephalitis Virus
- Other Neglected Mosquito-Borne Flaviviruses: Ilhéus, Bussuquara, Rocio, Kokobera, Stratford, and Wesselsbron Viruses
- Tickborne Encephalitis Virus
- Louping-III Virus
- Powassan Virus
- Kyasanur Forest Disease and Alkurhama Hemorrhagic Fever Viruses
- Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever Virus
Lisa A. Beltz, University of Northern Iowa, USA