Maternal Child Nursing Care - Binder Ready, 7th Edition
Help your students master the essentials of maternity and pediatric nursing with this comprehensive, all-in-one text! Maternal Child Nursing Care, 7th Edition covers the issues and concerns of women during their childbearing years and children during their developing years. It uses a family-centered, problem-solving approach to patient care, with guidelines supported by evidence-based practice. New to this edition is an emphasis on clinical judgment skills and a new chapter on children with integumentary dysfunction. Written by a team of nursing experts, this book provides the accurate information students need to succeed in the classroom, the clinical setting, and on the Next Generation NCLEX-RN® examination.
- Focus on the family throughout the text emphasizes the influence of the entire family in health and illness.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity and pediatric nursing textbooks combine to ensure delivery of the most accurate, up-to-date content.
- Information on victims of sexual abuse as parents and human trafficking helps prepare students to handle these delicate issues.
- Nursing Alerts highlight critical information that could lead to deteriorating or emergency situations.
- Guidelines boxes outline nursing procedures in an easy-to-follow format.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes include findings from recent clinical studies.
- Emergency Treatment boxes describe the signs and symptoms of emergency situations and provide step-by-step interventions.
- Atraumatic Care boxes teach students how to manage pain and provide competent care to pediatric patients with the least amount of physical or psychological stress.
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues, provide resources and guidance, and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
- Patient Teaching boxes highlight important information nurses need to communicate to patients and families.
- Cultural Considerations boxes describe beliefs and practices relating to pregnancy, labor and birth, parenting, and women’s health.
- Family-Centered Care boxes draw attention to the needs or concerns of families that students should consider to provide family-centered care.
- NEW and UPDATED! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) examination-style case studies and NGN exam-style unfolding case studies provide preparation for the NGN exam.
- NEW! Introduction of clinical judgment is included in the preface and in the text.
- NEW! COVID-19 and Zika virus content is added.
- NEW! New chapter on child with integumentary dysfunction provides the most up-to-date information.
- UPDATED clinical guidelines also include well-child care.
- UPDATED content includes topics such as resuscitation, contraception, breast cancer screening, and gestational diabetes.
- UPDATED LBGTQ+ coverage is expanded.
- EXPANDED! More content on spirituality is included in the family, culture, and spiritual chapters.
Shannon E. Perry, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN, PPCNP-BC,FAAN, Professor of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine; Director, Global HOPE Nursing, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas; Bessie Baker Professor Emerita of Nursing Chair, Duke Institutional Review Board, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, Mary Catherine Cashion, RN, BC, MSN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA, Kathryn Rhodes Alden, EdD, MSN, RN, IBCLC, Clinical Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, Ellen Olshansky, PhD, RN, WHNP-E, FAAN, Professor Emerita,Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing and Founding Director,Program in Nursing Science,University of California Irvine,Irvine, California and Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, RNC, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC