Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Start your veterinary technician students off on the right foot with Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians, 4th Edition. Combining expert clinical coverage with engaging writing and vivid illustrations, this popular text is the key to helping students understand the anatomic and physiologic principles that will carry them throughout their careers. In addition to its comprehensive coverage of the diverse ways in which animal bodies function at both the systemic and cellular levels, this textbook features a variety of helpful application boxes, vocabulary lists, and Test Yourself questions in every chapter to ensure students have a firm grasp of anatomic structure and its relevance to clinical practice.
- Clinical Application boxes throughout the text demonstrate the clinical relevance of anatomic and physiologic principles.
- Chapter outlines summarize the contents of each chapter at the major concept level.
- Test Yourself questions recap important information that appeared in the preceding section.
- Comprehensive glossary at the end of the text provides concise definitions and phonetic pronunciations of terms.
- NEW and UPDATED! Hundreds of high-quality, full color illustrations detail anatomic structures to enhance your understanding of their functions.
- NEW! Student chapter review questions on the Evolve companion website help reinforce key topics in each chapter.
1. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology 2. Chemical Basis for Life 3. Anatomical Structure of the Cell 4. Physiology of the Cell 5. Tissues 6. Integumentary System 7. Skeletal System 8. Muscular System 9. Nervous System 10. Sense organs 11. Endocrine System 12. Blood, Lymph and Lymph Nodes 13. Immunity and Defense 14. Cardiovascular System 15. Respiratory System 16. Digestive System 17. Nutrients and Metabolism 18. Urinary System 19. Reproductive System 20. Pregnancy, Development and Lactation 21. Avian Anatomy and Physiology 22. Amphibian and Reptilian Anatomy and Physiology Glossary
Thomas P. Colville, DVM, MSc, Professor Emeritus Department of Animal Sciences North Dakota State University and Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor Emeritus Program of Veterinary Technology Manor College Jenkintown, PA