HESI/Saunders Online Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination (2 Year), 4th Edition
It’s the smart way for students to review for the NCLEX-RN® examination! From the most trusted names in NCLEX® exam review, HESI/Saunders Online Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 4th Edition makes test prep easy with ten interactive modules and HESI Live Review videos, along with more than 2,500 practice questions, single-episode and unfolding NGN case studies, realistic practice exams, and useful test-taking tips and strategies. What’s more, a personalized study calendar helps students to enjoy flexible, self-paced study. Designed by noted NCLEX experts Linda Anne and Angela Silvestri, and updated to reflect the latest NCLEX-RN test plan, this online review will help your students pass the NCLEX-RN exam on the first try!
- Trusted content of the bestselling Silvestri NCLEX® titles and HESI Live Review courses is provided in a convenient and interactive online format.
- Ten review modules are organized by the most recent NCLEX-RN® test plan and comprise 50 content lessons in concise bulleted format, with key terms and definitions, self-check questions, and case studies throughout, as well as images, animations, and video clips of skills and procedures.
- Brief video clips mimic an actual HESI Live Review course, with videos featuring experienced nursing instructors explaining challenging topics and difficult concepts, plus images and sample questions.
- More than 2,500 practice questions include all alternate item format types and NGN question types, featuring multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, hot spot/illustration, graphic option, chart/exhibit, audio, video, single-episode case studies, and unfolding case studies.
- Ten 100-question Module Exams evaluate your mastery of core nursing content.
- Five 100-question Crossing the Finish Line: Practice Exams and a 135-question comprehensive exam provide a "dry run" for the board exam.
- 75-question diagnostic pre-test identifies your strengths and weaknesses before beginning the actual course and generates a study plan tailored to your specific needs.
- Choices for reviewing nursing content include three separate ways — by client needs, concept-based, or content area — allowing you to approach the content in the way that best fits your needs.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN)-style questions prepare you for the test’s new emphasis on clinical judgment — the biggest change to the NCLEX-RN® test plan to date.
- NEW! Current NCLEX-RN® test plan is incorporated into the course, covering the newly added content you may encounter on the exam.
- NEW! Brand-new Transitions into Practice lesson in the Management of Care module covers leadership theory, preparing for interviews, and resume building.
Test-Taking Strategies The Test Plan Pre-Test Study Calendar Instructor Implementation Guide Module 1 – Developmental Stages and Transitions 1. Infant, Child, and Adolescent 2. Early Adulthood, Middle-Adulthood, and Later Adulthood 3. Family Systems and Family Dynamics 4. Maternity Client: Antepartum Care 5. Maternity Client: Intrapartum Care 6. Maternity Client: Postpartum Care 7. Care of the Newborn Module 1 Exam Module 2 – Health Promotion and Disease Prevention 8. Health and Wellness/Teaching and Learning 9. Lifestyle Choices and Health Risks 10. Health Care Disparities and Population Groups 11. Health Assessment and Physical Examination 12. Foundations of Mental Health Nursing Module 2 Exam Module 3 – Mental Health Concepts 13. Coping and Defense Mechanisms 14. Stress Management 15. Grief and Loss 16. End-of-Life Care Module 3 Exam Module 4 – Psychosocial Alterations 17. Mental Health Disorders 18. Crisis Intervention 19. Chemical and Other Dependencies 20. Violence, Abuse, and Neglect Module 4 Exam Module 5 – Management of Care 21. Ethical and Legal Issues 22. Advance Directives and Informed Consent 23. Confidentiality and Information Technology/Security 24. Client Rights 25. Concepts of Management 26. Transitions into Practice 27. Principles of Delegation and Prioritization of Care Module 5 Exam Module 6 – Safety and Infection Control 28. Providing a Secure and Safe Environment 29. Emergency Response Plans, Disasters, and Triage 30. Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions and Surgical Asepsis 31. Use of Restraints and Safety Devices Module 6 Exam Module 7 – Basic Care and Comfort 32. Basic Needs 33. Mobility, Immobility, and Assistive Devices 34. Nonpharmacological Interventions for Physical Pain Module 7 Exam Module 8 – Pharmacology and Intravenous Therapies 35. Medication Administration and Dose Calculations 36. Administering Blood Products 37. Intravenous Therapies 38. Parenteral Nutrition 39. Medication Classifications Module 8 Exam Module 9 – Monitoring for Health Problems 40. Vital Signs 41. Diagnostic Tests, Treatments, and Procedures 42. Laboratory Values 43. Perioperative Care Module 9 Exam Module 10 – Physiological Health Problems 44. Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances 45. Acid-Base Balance 46. Hemodynamics 47. Medical Emergencies 48. Adult Health Conditions 49. High-Risk Maternity and Newborn Conditions 50. Pediatric Disorders Module 10 Exam Crossing the Finish Line: Practice Tests Focus on Maternity Exam Focus on Adult Health Exam Focus on Pediatrics Focus on Mental Health Exam Focus on Delegating/Prioritizing/Triage/Disaster Exam Comprehensive Exam Live Review Videos and Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Test Items
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, ANEF, FAAN, Nursing Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las, Nevada; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc. Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Thought Leader and Angela Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor Touro University Nevada-School of Nursing
This product is available in the following formats: