Study Guide for Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 10th Edition
With this practical study guide, students will get more out of Lilley’s Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 10th Edition! Matching the chapters in the textbook, this workbook helps students review and understand the key terms, key concepts, and pharmacology that nurses need to know. Exercises include NCLEX-RN® examination-style review questions, critical thinking and application questions, and case studies. It provides the review and practice that students need to master the nursing process and nursing pharmacology!
- Application-based NCLEX® exam practice questions include at least one alternate item question per chapter.
- Review questions in each chapter are divided into sections: Chapter Review and NCLEX® Examination Preparation, Matching, Critical Thinking and Application, and Case Study.
- Focus on prioritization features prioritization exercises in which you must evaluate a clinical scenario and answer the question: What is the nurse’s best action?
- Overview of drug calculation concepts helps you correctly perform mathematical problems when calculating drug dosages, and includes practice problems and a practice quiz.
- Sample drug labels are shown.
- Learning strategies expand upon the unique, cartoon-illustrated study strategies in the Lilley textbook, and offer additional information and learning tips.
- Answers for all questions are provided at the back of the book.
- NEW! Expanded NCLEX® focus includes one to two additional NCLEX examination-style questions for each chapter, including additional alternate item format types.
- NEW! Updated review questions reflect the updated content in the 10th edition of the Lilley textbook.
Linda Lane Lilley, RN, PhD, Associate Professor Emeritus, School of Nursing, Old Dominion University, Virginia Beach, Virginia, Julie S. Snyder, MSN, RN-BC, Performance Improvement Coordinator, Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, Chesapeake, Virginia; Adjunct Faculty, School of Nursing, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia. and Shelly Rainforth Collins, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist and Coordinator of Clinical Pharmacy Services, Chesapeake Regional Medical Center; President, Drug Information Consultants, Chesapeake, Virginia