Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination - Binder Ready, 10th Edition
- UNIQUE! Interprofessional collaborative approach is written by two advanced practice nurses and three physicians, providing balanced expertise in both pediatric and adult-geriatric health.
- UNIQUE! Integrated lifespan content provides separate sections in each chapter for Infants and Children, Adolescents, Pregnant Patients, and Older Adults.
- UNIQUE! Compassionate, patient-centered approach emphasizes developing good communication skills, use of effective hands-on examination techniques, and reliance on clinical reasoning and clinical decision-making skills.
- UNIQUE! Strong emphasis on social inclusiveness and patient-centeredness incorporates LGBTQ+ patients and providers, with special emphasis on cultural competency, history taking, and special considerations for examination of the breasts, female and male genitalia, reproductive health, thyroid, and the anus/rectum/prostate.
- UNIQUE! Cross-references to Dains’ Advanced Health Assessment & Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Care help you take the next step in clinical reasoning and also develop diagnostic reasoning skills.
- Differential Diagnosis tables are provided throughout the text.
- Clinical Pearls offer insights and practical, real-world expertise.
- Evolve website includes assessment video clips, animations, review questions, performance checklists, and more.
1. The History and Interviewing Process
2. Cultural Competency
3. Examination Techniques and Equipment
4. Taking the Next Steps: Clinical Reasoning
5. The Patient Record [New title / focus!]
6. Vital Signs and Pain Assessment
7. Mental Status
8. Growth, Measurement, and Nutrition ["formerly Growth and Nutrition"]
9. Skin, Hair, and Nails
10. Lymphatic System
11. Head and Neck
13. Ears, Nose, and Throat
14. Chest and Lungs
16. Blood Vessels
17. Breasts and Axillae
19. Female Genitalia
20. Male Genitalia
21. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
22. Musculoskeletal System
23. Neurologic System
24. Head-to-Toe Examination [formerly Chapter 25: "Putting It All Together"]
25. Sports Participation Evaluation [formerly Chapter 24]
26. Emergency or Life-Threatening Situations
Jane W. Ball, RN DrPH CPNP, Chief Nursing and Content O cer,Triaj, Inc, Havre de Grace, Maryland