Fundamentals of Nursing - Binder Ready, 11th Edition
Give your students a solid foundation in nursing — from basic concepts to essential skills to development of clinical judgment! Potter & Perry’s Fundamentals of Nursing, 11th Edition seamlessly integrates exceptional teaching and learning resources in a guided approach that extends all the way through your Fundamentals curriculum. The text’s comprehensive coverage emphasizes critical thinking, clinical judgment, evidence-based practice, nursing theory, and patient-centered care in all settings. Illustrated, step-by-step guidelines make it easier for students to learn important skills, and care plans are presented within a nursing process framework that is coordinated with clinical judgment. On Evolve, study tools include practice questions for the Next Generation NCLEX® and reinforce understanding for students with different learning styles, and instructor tools help you implement other Elsevier nursing resources and teach more effectively.
- Review questions in every chapter test your retention of key concepts, with answers and rationales in the book and on the Evolve companion website; at least four of these questions are alternate format.
- Reflective Learning helps you use clinical reasoning to think about your clinical and simulation experiences.
- UNIQUE! Caring for Patients with Chronic Illness chapter helps you address the unique health care needs of patients who deal with chronic illness.
- UNIQUE! Interprofessional collaboration and cooperation are emphasized.
- UNIQUE! Building Competency boxes summarize QSEN competencies, each with a clinical situation followed by several open-ended questions designed to help you understand and apply these core competencies.
- Evidence-Based Practice chapter shows how nursing research helps in determining best practices.
- Over 50 nursing skills include illustrated, step-by-step instructions in a two-column format — with rationales for each step.
- Over 30 procedural guidelines provide streamlined, step-by-step instructions for performing basic skills.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking Models in each clinical chapter show how to apply the nursing process, clinical judgment, and critical thinking to make sound clinical decisions.
- In-text case studies include clinical application questions and exercises, allowing you to practice using care plans and concept maps.
- UPDATED 1,100-question test bank includes multiple-choice and alternate item questions at all difficulty levels.
- Focus on safety and quality in the Patient Safety and Quality chapter shows how these concepts apply to nursing practice, and includes a skill on fall prevention in healthcare settings.
- Nursing Assessment Questions boxes help you learn to effectively phrase questions for patients.
- Cultural Aspects of Care boxes summarize cultural considerations and provide practical guidelines on meeting patients’ cultural needs and preferences.
- Patient Teaching boxes promote effective patient education by first identifying outcomes, then developing strategies on how to teach and evaluate compliance.
- Focus on Older Adult boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care of elderly adults.
- Planning sections help you plan and prioritize comprehensive patient care, with coverage of Goals and Outcomes, Setting Priorities, and Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Practical study tools on Evolve include 50 video clips of nursing skills, 80 skills checklists, a concept map creator, printable key points, answers to the questions in the book, an audio glossary, and more.
- NEW content includes topics such as clinical judgment, COVID-19, compassion fatigue, gun violence, patient safety, the opioid epidemic, and device addiction.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX®-style questions with cases are provided on the Evolve website to prepare you for these challenging new question types.
- NEW! Nursing Process and Clinical Judgment steps are coordinated so that you can quickly understand how both models drive their nursing care.
- NEW objectives are clearly and precisely tied to content, making it easier to find relevant information.
Patricia A. Potter, RN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research,Patient Care Services,Barnes-Jewish Hospital,St. Louis, Missouri, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Professor Emerita,School of Nursing,Southern Illinois University,Edwardsville, Illinois, Patricia A. Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, Illinois. and Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana