Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span - Binder Ready, 10th Edition
Binder-Ready Edition: This loose-leaf copy of the full text is a convenient, accessible, and customizable alternative to the bound book. With this binder-ready edition, students can personalize the text to match their unique needs!
Help your students learn health promotion for all ages and population groups! Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span, 10th Edition provides comprehensive coverage of leading health promotion concepts from assessment to interventions to application. Its lifespan approach addresses patients’ unique needs with case studies and care plans presented within an assessment framework based on Gordon’s Functional Health Patterns. Addressing each age and stage of development, this market-leading text covers the latest research and trends in health promotion and disease prevention for diverse population groups.
- Coverage of growth and development addresses health promotion concepts for each age and each stage of development through the lifespan.
- Case studies present realistic situations with questions that challenge you to apply key concepts to further develop clinical judgment.
- Think About It clinical scenarios at the beginning of each chapter include questions to encourage clinical judgment.
- Research for Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize current health-promotion studies showing the links between research, theory, and practice.
- Hot Topics boxes introduce significant issues, trends, and controversies in health promotion.
- Separate chapters on population groups — the individual, family, and community — highlight the unique aspects of assessment and health promotion for each group.
- Quality and Safety Scenario boxes focus on QSEN-related competencies with examples of health promotion.
- Innovative Practice boxes outline unique and creative health promotion programs and projects currently being implemented.
- Health and Social Determinants/Health Equity boxes address cultural perspectives relating to planning care.
- NEW! Greater emphasis on health equity highlights the need to make health promotion accessible to all.
- NEW! Increased focus on diversity and inclusion better reflects the communities being served.
- NEW! Veteran’s health content is incorporated throughout, as appropriate.
- NEW! Discussions of Healthy People 2030 initiatives and objectives address national health issues and priorities.
- NEW! Updated diagnosis terminology includes ICNP diagnoses or patient problems.
- NEW! Affordable Care Act references are more general to reflect changing politics.
Carole Lium Edelman, MSN, GCNS-BC, CMC, Private Practice,Professional Geriatric Care Management,Westchester County, New York and Elizabeth C. Kudzma, DNSc, MPH, WHNP-BC, CNL, Professor,Emeritus School of Nursing Curry College