Anatomy of Orofacial Structures - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Help students gain the knowledge of dental anatomy they will need as dental assistants or hygienists! Anatomy of Orofacial Structures: A Comprehensive Approach, 9th Edition provides an all-in-one resource for learning oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy. It offers all the benefits of a combined textbook and workbook, reinforcing student understanding with review questions in each chapter and tests in each unit. The book also includes flashcards for convenient, on-the-go study and reference. Supported by an Evolve website with resources for instructors and students, this text provides a complete learning package!
- UNIQUE! Comprehensive coverage includes orofacial development, landmarks, veins, arteries, nerves, bones, and muscles of the head and neck region.
- UNIQUE! More than 600 anatomical illustrations include labeled line drawings, radiographs, and clinical photographs.
- Textbook/Workbook format includes chapter review quizzes, unit tests, and a perforated workbook section.
- Clinical Considerations boxes describe the real-world application of anatomical concepts.
- Flashcards provide a convenient study tool for tooth morphology and major head and neck structures, featuring an image of a tooth on one side and that tooth’s identifying/important information on the other side.
- Learning resources on the Evolve website include chapter quizzes and the Body Spectrum anatomy coloring book.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised embryology and histology section features new illustrations.
- NEW! Updated art program includes new illustrations and clinical images.
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION
1 Oral Cavity
Unit I Test
Unit I Suggested Readings
UNIT II: DENTAL ANATOMY
2 The Tooth: Functions and Terms
3 Fundamental and Preventative Curvatures
5 Development, Form, and Eruption
7 Dental Anomalies
8 Supporting Structures
9 Clinical Considerations
10 Tooth Identification
11 Root Morphology
16 Deciduous Dentition
Unit II Test
Unit II Suggested Readings
UNIT III: ORAL HISTOLOGY AND EMBRYOLOGY
17 Basic Tissues
18 Development of Orofacial Complex
19 Dental Lamina and Enamel Organ
20 Enamel, Dentin, and Pulp
21 Root Formation and Attachment Apparatus
22 Eruption and Shedding of Teeth
23 Oral Mucous Membrane
24 The Tongue
25 Histology of the Salivary Glands
Unit III Test
Unit III Suggested Readings
UNIT IV: HEAD AND NECK ANATOMY
26 Osteology of the Skull
27 Nose, Nasal Cavity, and Paranasal Sinuses
28 Muscles of Mastication, Hyoid Muscles, and Sternocleidomastoid and Trapezius Muscles
29 Temporomandibular Joint
30 Muscles of Facial Expression
31 Soft Palate and Pharynx
32 Arterial Supply and Venous Drainage
33 Salivary Glands
34 Nervous System
35 Lymphatics and Spread of Dental Infection
36 Anatomical Considerations in Local Anesthesia
Unit IV Test
Unit IV Suggested Readings
Richard W. Brand, BS, DDS, FACD, FICD, Emeritus Professor, Washington University School of Medicine, St.Louis, MO and Donald E. Isselhard, BS, DDS, FAGD, MAGD, MBA