Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians – Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Learn to easily master the types of veterinary nursing calculations you will face on the job with Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians, 4th Edition. From basic arithmetic to dilutions and statistics, this useful text covers all aspects of calculations as applied to veterinary nursing. Readers will benefit from the text’s common-sense approach to clinical situations and complete the book knowing how to use calculations to determine dosage rates, anesthetic flow rates, radiography exposure rates, parenteral nutrition, and more. User-friendly features include simple language, detailed explanations, ample examples, and special author guidance so that content is easy to follow and understand. Plus, the text’s abundance of learning features — such as self-assessment questions, clinical hints, and tips — help clarify important concepts and ensure that you have mastered everything you need to make calculations in the day-to-day clinical environment.
- Mathematical explanations using veterinary terms present all principles in a manner that directly pertains to the veterinary field.
- Comprehensive content covers everything from basic arithmetic to dilutions and statistics, so users have everything needed to succeed in calculations for veterinary nursing and technology.
- Dimensional analysis bridge method removes the necessity of memorizing formulae and takes advantage of simplifying equations so that calculators are often unnecessary.
- NEW! Reviewed and updated drugs throughout the book provide dosage calculations that coincide with drugs currently used in the field for the most clinical relevance.
- NEW! Additional math problems both in the text and on the Evolve companion website offer substantial additional practice. Self-test sections with clinical hints and tips ensure retention of core concepts.
1. Calculations Involving Fractions 2. Decimals and Percentages 3. Scientific Notation 4. Ratio and Proportion 5. Dimensional Analysis 6. Clinical Applications of Basic Principles 7. Measurement Systems 8. Oral Medication 9. Parenteral Medication 10. Clinical Problems Using Dosage Calculations 11. Solutions 12. Clinical Problems Using Solutions 13. Intravenous Fluids 14. Constant Rate Infusions 15. Dilutions 16. Clinical Problems Using Dilutions 17. Anaesthesia, Radiology and Nutrition Applications 18. Statistics and Quality Control
Terry Lake, DVM, Instructor, Animal Health Technology, Faculty of Science, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada and Nicola Green, RVN, Lecturer in Veterinary Nursing and Internal Verifier, Northumbria School of Veterinary Nursing, Newcastle College, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK