Exotic Animal Formulary - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
The only drug formulary on the market created solely for the treatment of exotic animals, Exotic Animal Formulary, 6th Edition addresses the most common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Using clear, current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages, this evidence-based text helps students find information fast. In addition, there are numerous tables containing biologic, hematologic, and biochemical norms of common exotic pets. Species covered include birds, fish, invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, rabbits, pocket pets, backyard poultry, and more. Including a fully searchable eBook version free with each print purchase, this handbook has been a go-to reference of students and practicing veterinarians for more than 30 years.
- More than 300 drug tables provide current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages used in treating exotic animals.
- All drug information is reviewed for accuracy, ensuring that this reference remains authoritative and current.
- Biologic and hematologic tables provide details on therapies and diets, normal blood parameters of common species, venipunctures sites, and medical protocols for common conditions.
- Dosage recommendations from pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies are clearly indicated.
- 29 internationally recognized experts contribute chapters in their areas of specialization.
- More than 3,100 references are cited and provide additional context for dosages.
- NEW! Updates of drug tables include new information on doses, interactions, indications, adverse reactions, and contraindications for use.
- NEW! eBook version is included with print purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- NEW! Additional appendices include new topics in exotic animal practice.
- NEW! Updated and expanded index makes it easier to find drug information.
6. Backyard Poultry, Gamebirds, and Waterfowl
7. Sugar Gliders
12. Miniature Pigs
14. Native Wildlife
Appendices: Selected Topics for the Exotic Animal Veterinarian
James W. Carpenter, MS, DVM, Dipl ACZM, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS and Craig Harms, DVM, PhD, Diplomate (ACZM), Professor, Aquatics, Wildlife, & Zoo Medicine, NC State University Department of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA; Director, Marine Health Program, Center for Marine Sciences and Technology, Morehead City, North Carolina, USA