The Chest Wall and Abdomen - E-Book, 1st Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
- The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
- Covers everyday clinical problems such as costosternal syndrome, Tietze’s syndrome, devil’s grip, fractured ribs, post-thoracotomy pain, acute and chronic pancreatitis, diverticulitis, and more.
- Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
- Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
- An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
1 Thomas Wang -- A 28-year-old Stockbroker with Severe Anterior Chest Pain
2 Pete Wilder -- A 23-year-old Printer with Persistent Chest Wall Pain Following CPR
3 Doug Montgomery -- A 38-year-old Male with Anterior Chest Wall Pain Made Worse by Bending
4 Jill St. John, BSN -- A 25-year-old Female with Chest Wall Pain and a Cold
5 Val Rider -- A 29-year-old Female with Persistent Burning Rib Pain Following a Rib Fracture
6 Mark "Mo" Bandy -- A 31-year-old Rodeo Rider with Broken Ribs After Being Thrown from a Bronco
7 Laura McIlhenny -- A 26-year-old Cosmetic Salesperson with Severe Knife-Like Pain and a Clicking Sensation in the Lower Ribs Following a Seatbelt Injury
8 Amy Cleaves -- A 30-year-old Female with Shooting Chest Pain
9 Mike Zuckerburg -- A 28-year-old Male with a Fever and Pleuritic Chest Pain of Acute Onset
10 Tommy "Tank" Teller -- A 68-year-old Diabetic with Pain and Paresthesias Radiating into the Lower Chest and Subcostal Area
11 Chuck Connors -- A 72-year-old Male with Persistent Pain Following a Thoracotomy for Lung Cancer
12 Lydia Lutz -- A 24-year-old Bartender with the Acute Onset of Severe Abdominal Pain that Radiates through to Her Back
13 Brian Nguyen -- A 23-year-old with Severe Testicular Pain and Hematuria
14 Vivian Zhao -- A 32-year-old Female with Right Lower Quadrant Pain
15 Mai Huang -- A 64-year-old Waitress with Left-Sided Abdominal Pain and Fever
Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine