Autoimmune Diseases In Domestic Animals - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
With nearly 100 different autoimmune diseases reported to occur in domestic animal species, this evidence-based clinical reference is a must-have for every veterinary student! Autoimmune Diseases in Domestic Animals, from noted veterinary author Ian R. Tizard, sheds light on both common and rare conditions, including skin diseases, diabetes mellitus, thyroiditis, and hemolytic anemia. Convenient and portable, this single-source review addresses autoimmune diseases in dogs, cats, horses, and livestock species with comprehensive coverage of treatment protocols, diagnostic procedures, and the latest pathogenesis studies.
- All-in-one guide covers the basic science, clinical presentation, and treatment of this set of increasingly prevalent animal diseases.
- Comprehensive information for each disease prepares students to communicate effectively with clients.
- Reviews of the most recent relevant literature provide a clearer understanding of complex autoimmune diseases.
- Detailed coverage facilitates the accurate diagnosis and rational treatment of immunologic diseases.
- Information on autoimmune mouse strains and other animal models meets the needs of comparative immunology and research students.
- Expert author Ian R. Tizard is a well-established veterinary writer who is world-renowned on the topic of immunology in veterinary medicine.
Abbreviations and Acronyms
1. Basic Immunology: A Review
2. Immunologic Tolerance
3. Loss of Tolerance
4. Genetic Factors in Autoimmunity
5. The Microbiota and Autoimmunity
6. Autoimmune Endocrine Diseases
7. Autoimmune Neurologic Diseases
8. Autoimmune Eye Diseases
9. Autoimmune Reproductive Diseases
10. Autoimmune Skin Diseases
11. Autoimmune Blood Diseases
12. Autoimmune Muscle Diseases
13. Autoimmune and Immune-Mediated Liver and Kidney Diseases
14. Autoinflammatory Diseases
15. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
16. Rheumatoid Arthritis
17. Seronegative Nonerosive Arthropathies
18. Immune-Mediated Vascular Disease
19. Immune-Mediated Enteropathies
20. Diagnostic Tests for Autoimmune Diseases
21. The Treatment of Immune-Mediated Diseases
22. Experimental Autoimmune Disease Models
Ian R. Tizard, University Distinguished Professor of Immunology, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Texas Veterinary Medical Center, Texas A &M University College Station, Texas, USA