Practical Evidence-Based Physiotherapy - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- Written specifically for physiotherapists, with physiotherapy examples throughout
- Clear explanations, research terminology explained
- Suitable for all levels of expertise - highlighted critical points and text box summaries (basic), detailed explanations in text (intermediate) and footnotes (advanced)
- Detailed strategies for searching physiotherapy-relevant databases, including the DiTA database
- Extensive consideration of clinical practice guidelines
- Emerging methods such as stepped-wedge trials, network meta-analysis, mixed methods reviews and process evaluations
- Widely referenced throughout
1 Evidence-Based Physiotherapy
2 What Do I Need to Know?
3 What Constitutes Evidence?
4 Finding the Evidence
5 Can I Trust This Evidence?
6 What Does This Evidence Mean for My Practice?
7 Clinical Guidelines as a Resource for Evidence-Based Physiotherapy
8 When and How Should New Therapies Be Introduced Into Clinical Practice?
9 Making it Happen
10 Am I on the Right Track?
Robert Herbert, BAppSc, MAppSc, PhD, Senior Principal Research Fellow, Neuroscience Research Australia, Sydney, Australia, Gro Jamtvedt, PT, PRH, Director, Department of Knowledge Support, Norwegian Directorate for Health and Social Affairs, Oslo, Norway, Kåre Birger Hagen, PT, PhD, Director, Department of Knowledge Support, Norwegian Directorate for Health and Social Affairs, Oslo, Norway and Mark R. Elkins, PhD, MHSc, BA, BPhty