Treatment and Management of Tropical Liver Disease, 1st Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
- Includes a summary and tables with specific guidance on the diagnosis and management of each liver disease, enabling you to easily find the information you need.
- Contains a pathophysiology guide in every chapter to help you quickly determine the immune and epigenetic mechanisms that affect common liver diseases when they occur in tropical regions.
- Covers key topics such as liver flukes, tropical hepatosplenomegaly, and much more, all highlighted with ultrasound images, clinical photos, and full-color line drawings.
- Provides guidance on the interpretation and management of liver masses using imaging techniques commonly performed in resource-limited settings.
- Provides a unique, detailed review of essential information for hepatologists, global health specialists, and other clinicians who have an interest in this complex field.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
SECTION I Viral Hepatitides
1 Hepatitis A
2 Hepatitis B Virus
3 Hepatitis C Infection
4 Hepatitis Delta Virus
5 Hepatitis E Virus
SECTION II Liver Masses
6 Hepatocellular Carcinoma
8 Hepatic Hemangioma
9 Other Liver Masses
SECTION III Tropical Infectious Liver Disease
12 Opisthorchis and Clonorchis
13 Hepatic Tuberculosis
14 Malaria and the Liver
15 HIV and Liver Disease
16 Amebic Liver Abscess
17 Cystic Echinococcosis—Hydatid Liver Disease
SECTION IV Tropical Non-Infectious Liver Disease
18 Non-Cirrhotic Portal Hypertension
19 Cirrhosis in the Tropics
20 Metabolic Dysfunction Associated Steatotic Liver Disease in ResourceLimited Settings
21 Aflatoxins in Liver Disease
22 Tropical Herb-Induced Liver Injury by Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids
23 Alcohol-Related Liver Disease
24 Drug-Induced Liver Injury in Tropical Settings
25 Congestive Hepatopathy
26 Acute Liver Failure
27 Liver Transplantation in Tropical Settings
SECTION V Rare Tropical Liver Diseases
28 Melioidosis and the Liver
30 Brucellosis and the Liver
31 Leptospirosis and the Liver
32 The Liver in Q Fever
33 Hepatic Manifestations of the Dengue Infection
34 Leishmaniasis and the Liver
35 Iron Overload in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jose Debes, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Associate Professor, Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology