Buck's The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing, 2023/2024 Edition, 1st Edition
Help your students master advanced coding skills! Buck’s The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing shows how to code for services such as medical visits, diagnostic testing and interpretation, treatments, surgeries, and anesthesia. Real-world cases (cleared of any patient identifiers) take your students’ coding proficiency a step further by providing hands-on practice with physician documentation. With this guide, students will learn to pull the right information from medical documents, select the right codes, determine the correct sequencing of those codes, and properly audit cases.
- Real-world patient cases (cleared of any patient identifiers) simulate the first year of coding on the job by using actual medical records, allowing you to practice coding with advanced material.
- UNIQUE! Evaluation and Management (E/M) audit forms include clear coding instructions to help reduce errors in determining the correct level of service.
- More than 150 full-color illustrations depict and clarify advanced coding concepts.
- Coverage of CPT E/M guidelines changes for office and other outpatient codes.
- From the Trenches boxes highlight the real-life experiences of professional medical coders and include photographs, quotes, practical tips, and advice.
- NEW! Coding updates include the latest information available, including 2024 code updates when released.
CHAPTER 1 Evaluation and Management Services
CHAPTER 2 Medicine
CHAPTER 3 Radiology
CHAPTER 4 Pathology and Laboratory
CHAPTER 5 Integumentary System
CHAPTER 6 Cardiovascular System
CHAPTER 7 Digestive System, Hemic/Lymphatic System
CHAPTER 8 Musculoskeletal System
CHAPTER 9 Respiratory System
CHAPTER 10 Urinary, Male Genital, and Endocrine Systems
CHAPTER 11 Female Genital System and Maternity Care/Delivery
CHAPTER 12 Nervous System
CHAPTER 13 Eye and Auditory Systems
CHAPTER 14 Anesthesia