Buck's 2023 ICD-10-CM for Hospitals, 1st Edition
Selecting diagnosis codes is faster and easier with Buck's 2023 ICD-10-CM for Hospitals. Designed by coders for coders, this full-color manual includes all the ICD-10 codes that students need for today’s inpatient coding. As coders need extensive knowledge to code with ICD-10-CM, this edition makes it easier with colorful anatomy plates (including Netter’s Anatomy illustrations) to help coders understand anatomy and how it will affect their code choices. In addition, it comes with durable spiral binding, and includes a companion website with the latest coding updates
- At-a-glance Guide to the 2023 ICD-10-CM Updates in the front of the book lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing a quick lookup of the coding changes.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are listed in full in the Introduction, at the beginning of each chapter, and integrated within the code set, providing easier reference to coding rules when they are needed most.
- Unique! Full-color anatomy plates (including Netter’s Anatomy art) are included in a separate section for easy reference and cross-referenced within the Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries, to help users understand anatomy and how it may affect choosing codes.
- Full-color design includes consistent color-coded symbols and text, providing easier access to codes and coding information.
- American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic® citations include official ICD-10-CM coding advice relating to specific codes and their usage.
- More than 190 illustrations provide visual orientation and enhance understanding of specific coding situations.
- Items are included throughout the Tabular List to ensure accurate coding, providing additional information on common diseases and conditions.
- Additional elements within specific codes define terms and add coding instructions relating to difficult terminology, diseases and conditions, or coding in a specific category.
- Symbols and highlights draw attention to codes that may require special consideration before coding, including:
- New, revised, and deleted
- Unacceptable Principle Diagnosis
- Codes that call for the use of additional character(s)
- Includes, Excludes 1 and Excludes 2
- Use Additional
- Code First and Code Also
- Placeholder X symbol reminds users to assign placeholder X for codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character.
- CC (Complications & Comorbidities) and MCC (Major CC) symbols identify codes associated with the presence of secondary diagnoses from MS-DRGs, and call attention to CC and MCC exceptions.
- Hospital Acquired Condition symbol clearly identifies conditions that will always be coded as hospital acquired.
- Manifestation code symbol identifies conditions for which it is important to record both the etiology and the symptom of the disease.
- HCC symbol indicates diagnoses in the Tabular List associated with Hierarchical Condition Categories.
- Age and Sex edits from the Definition of Medicare Code Edits help to ensure accuracy by denoting codes that are used only with patients of a specific age or sex.
- NEW! Updated 2023 Official Code set reflects the latest ICD-10 codes needed for diagnosis coding.
Part I: Introduction
Part II: Alphabetic Index
Part III: Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
Appendix A: PDX Collections for CC/MCC Exclusions