Study Guide for McCance & Huether’s Pathophysiology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Ensure students learn, understand, and master pathophysiology! Corresponding to the chapters in McCance & Huether’s Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 9th Edition, this study guide offers practical activities and detailed case studies to help students review and remember basic pathophysiology and make the connections between theory and practice. Interactive questions provide students with a working knowledge of disease etiology and disease processes — giving them practice applying what they’ve learned to clinical practice. Best of all, the answers are in the back of the book so they can check their understanding as they go!
- More than 1,200 questions in a wide variety of challenging formats cover all areas of pathophysiology.
- Practice exams provide immediate feedback by helping you understand the rationale behind each answer.
- Concise chapter summaries highlight need-to-know information and help you quickly review content.
- Over 120 illustrations appear in active learning exercises to engage and reinforce understanding for visual learners.
- Answer key in the back of the study guide allows you to check answers and evaluate your progress.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised and updated information mirrors content from the 9th edition of the McCance & Huether’s Pathophysiology textbook.
- NEW! Over 40 detailed case scenarios provide real-world examples of how pathophysiology is used in the clinical setting, helping you integrate knowledge, develop clinical judgment, and apply theory to practice.
2. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology: Environmental Agents
3. The Cellular Environment: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
4. Genes and Genetic Diseases
5. Genes, Environment-Lifestyle, and Common Diseases
6. Epigenetics and Disease
7. Innate Immunity: Inflammation and Wound Healing
8. Adaptive Immunity
9. Alterations in Immunity and Inflammation
11. Stress and Disease
12. Cancer Biology
13. Cancer Epidemiology
14. Cancer in Children
15. Structure and Function of the Neurologic System
16. Pain, Temperature Regulation, Sleep, and Sensory Function
17. Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics, and Motor Function
18. Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and the Neuromuscular Junction
19. Neurobiology of Schizophrenia, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
20. Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children
21. Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation
22. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
23. Obesity and Disorders of Nutrition
24. Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems
25. Alterations of the Female Reproductive System
26. Alterations of the Male Reproductive System
27. Sexually Transmitted Infections
28. Structure and Function of the Hematologic System
29. Alterations of Hematologic Function
30. Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children
31. Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
32. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
33. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children
34. Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System
35. Alterations of Pulmonary Function
36. Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children
37. Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems
38. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function
39. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children
40. Structure and Function of the Digestive System
41. Alterations of Digestive Function
42. Alterations of Digestive Function in Children
43. Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System
44. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function
45. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children
46. Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument
47. Alterations of the Integument in Children
48. Shock, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, and Burns in Adults
49. Shock, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, and Burns in Children
Julia Rogers, DNP, RN, CNS, FNP-BC, Assistant Professor College of Nursing Purdue University