Canadian Clinical Skills: Essentials Collection - eCommerce Version
Clinical Skills Online
Now there’s a standardized way to teach and evaluate skill performance across your entire Canadian nursing curriculum! Canadian Clinical Skills: Essentials Collection is an engaging, online training tool using videos to guide students through more than 150 procedures and health assessment skills. Designed for Canadian students of all learning styles, each video uses a seven-part framework to demonstrate skills step by step. Best of all, this remarkable training product includes checklists and competency tests for each skill to help you easily monitor your students’ progress. Whether used in the classroom or at home, these high-definition videos will leave students with a 360-degree understanding of how to perform each skill safely and effectively before entering the clinical environment.
- Coverage of more than 150 nursing and health assessment skills reflects current, evidence-based Canadian clinical practice.
- Quick sheets provide a concise, step-by-step summary of each skill.
- Convenient, web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practising nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for students to learn and perform skills, with useful tools to help them obtain a holistic understanding of the skill and nursing competencies.
- Extended text section offers an in-depth look at all aspects of each skill. Subjects include:
- Safety Alerts
- Assessment and Planning
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and Care
- Expected and Unexpected Outcomes
- Documentation guidelines with Sample Documentations
- Special Pediatric, Gerontological, and Home Care Considerations
- Evidence-informed references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Demonstration videos and animations visually guide students through each step involved in the skill.
- English and French closed captioning is provided for all videos and animations.
- Illustrations and images show important procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Supply lists familiarize students with each piece of equipment needed to perform skills.
- Review questions and competency tests with rationales help students review and evaluate their understanding of each skill, and feed back to the instructor’s gradebook.
- Downloadable and printable evaluation checklists enable students and instructors to measure and track various skill competencies.
This product is available in the following formats: