Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Help students provide care with the standardized measurement of nursing interventions! Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 7th Edition standardizes the terminology and criteria needed to measure and evaluate outcomes in all care settings and with all patient populations. A total of 612 research-based nursing outcome labels — including 82 that are NEW to this edition — provide clinically useful language to help nurses deliver treatment and document outcomes. Specific indicators are included to make it easier to evaluate and rate the patient in relation to outcome achievement. Designed for both nursing students and practicing nurses, this book is also ideal for healthcare administrators seeking to improve billing, recordkeeping, and cost containment.
- 612 research-based nursing outcome labels provide standardized terminology for individual, family, or community outcomes.
- Overview of the use of NOC within the nursing process introduces the importance of measuring outcomes of nursing care, and describes linkages with other classifications.
- Outcomes structured with a label name include code, definition, set of indicators with codes, five-point Likert measurement scales, publication facts lines, and selected references.
- Core outcomes are provided for an expanded list of nursing specialties.
- Linkages between NOC knowledge-focused outcomes and NOC behavioral outcomes focused on the concept or condition are examined.
- NEW! 82 new outcomes are added to the Classification, allowing you to better define patient outcomes that are responsive to nursing care.
- NEW! 402 existing outcomes are reviewed or revised based on research-based outcomes.
- NEW! A new section focused on resources supports research, implementation, and educational strategies.
- NEW! Revised taxonomic structure includes two new classes and expanded family and community outcomes.
PART ONE: Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC)
Overview and Use of Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC)
PART TWO: NOC Taxonomy
Overview of the NOC Taxonomy
PART THREE: Outcomes
PART FOUR: NOC Performance Outcomes Related to NOC Knowledge Outcomes
NOC Performance Outcomes Related to NOC Knowledge Outcomes
PART FIVE: Core Outcomes for Nursing Specialties
Core Outcomes for Nursing Specialties
PART SIX: Appendices
Appendix A: Outcomes: New, Revised, Reviewed, and Retired Since the Sixth Edition
Appendix B: Previous Editions and Translations
Appendix C: Breakdown of Outcomes for Each Measurement Scale in NOC
Appendix D: Timeline & Highlights of the Nursing Outcomes Classification
Appendix E: Guidelines for Submission of a New or Revised Outcome
Sue Moorhead, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, The University of Iowa, College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa, Elizabeth Swanson, RN, PhD, Professor Emerita, The University of Iowa, College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa and Marion Johnson, RN, PhD, Professor Emerita, The University of Iowa, College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa