Healthcare IT Support Specialist Online, 1st Edition
As healthcare continues to become increasingly digital and high-tech, it’s more important than ever to have skilled IT professionals to support these systems. Healthcare IT Support Specialist Online is a turnkey course designed to give Health Information Technology, Medical Assisting, and Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding students the fundamental IT knowledge they need to work in health care today. Seven interactive online modules cover all facets of healthcare IT, including hardware setup, data storage, regulatory requirements, IT security, and much more. Ideal for both beginners and veterans, this course helps students strengthen their digital literacy and gain the IT skills needed for career success and advancement.
- Coverage of IT fundamentals provides an overview of on-the-job skills required in the healthcare workplace.
- Examination of the structure of information technology in the healthcare industry explains how it works for providers, administrative staff, and patients.
- Insightful discussions explore the environmental and regulatory influences on healthcare IT.
- Wisdom from the Field lessons in each module convey knowledge from real healthcare IT professionals in an accessible and friendly Q&A format.
- Interactive quizzes test students’ knowledge as they work their way through the course.
- Designed to meet all Level A and AA checkpoints of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
- Final exam leads to certificate of completion, which can be added to a student’s portfolio and presented to a prospective employer.
Module 1: Introducing Healthcare Information Technology
Module 2: Basic Hardware Components and Setup
Module 3: Introducing Healthcare IT Systems and Data
Module 4: Network Fundamentals and Data Storage
Module 5: Regulatory Requirements
Module 6: The IT Environment in Healthcare Organizations
Module 7: Healthcare IT Security
James Bennett, MFA, Director of Instructional Design, Herzing University
This product is available in the following formats: