HIPAA Privacy Online, 6th Edition
Any student who attempts to register for access will be reported to the school's faculty and administration.
Teach your healthcare students the dos and don’ts of HIPAA compliance! HIPAA Privacy Online, 6th Edition introduces current HIPAA regulations and shows how they apply to the management of health information. Consisting of brief, interactive lessons, this online course simplifies HIPAA principles and ensures that health professionals have the knowledge needed to protect the privacy of medical records and sensitive patient information. Case studies and compliance activities reinforce understanding of HIPAA’s privacy rules and protocols. Upon finishing the course, students can print a certificate of completion to prove their HIPAA proficiency to prospective employers!
- Updates to this edition address the loosening of COVID-19 regulations and the precedent for future pandemics, safeguarding patient health information in the remote work environment, patient access to healthcare data, and the penalty structure for violations of HIPAA regulations.
- Overview of HIPAA protocols for various health professions summarizes the procedures specific to different practice settings.
- Interactive learning activities and case studies make it easier to master difficult material and apply HIPAA concepts to the healthcare setting, and include many new onscreen and application activities.
- Easy-to-use modules consist of lessons segmented into manageable chunks of information, allowing you to learn the material at your own pace.
- What Have You Learned? quizzes at the end of each lesson assess your understanding and help you identify areas requiring further review.
- Printable certificate of completion is provided following the final exam, and may be used as part of a portfolio to demonstrate your HIPAA proficiency to prospective healthcare employers
- NEW! Updated information covers patient access to healthcare data and HIPAA enforcement.
- NEW! Updates to the penalty structure for violations of HIPAA regulations are added.
- NEW! Content related to the loosening of COVID-19 regulations provides information that may set a precedent for future pandemics.
- NEW! Content on safeguarding patient health information in the remote work environment is added to this edition.
Module 1: Introduction to HIPAA Privacy
The History of HIPAA
The Privacy Rule and Standards
Policies and Procedures
Module 2: Practicalities of HIPAA
Expecting the Unexpected
Module 3: Application of HIPAA
The Complaint Process
Compliance and Enforcement Activities
Certificate of Completio
Elsevier and Linda M. Smith, CPC, CPC-1, CEMC, PCS, CMBS, Consultant/Educator, MedOffice Resources, Greene, New York.
This product is available in the following formats: