HIPAA Online, 5th Edition
Teach your students the dos and don’ts of HIPAA compliance! HIPAA Online, 5th Edition introduces current HIPAA regulations and shows how they apply to the healthcare setting. Consisting of brief, interactive lessons, this online course simplifies core HIPAA principles and ensures that health professionals have the knowledge needed to protect the privacy of medical records and sensitive patient information. Case studies and compliance activities reinforce understanding of HIPAA’s privacy rules and protocols. Upon finishing the course, students can print a certificate of completion to prove their HIPAA proficiency to prospective employers!
- Overview of HIPAA protocols for various health professions summarizes the procedures specific to different practice settings.
- What Have You Learned? quizzes at the end of each lesson assess your understanding and help you identify areas requiring further review.
- Easy-to-use modules consist of lessons segmented into manageable chunks of information, allowing you to learn the material at your own pace.
- Printable certificate of completion may be used to demonstrate your HIPAA proficiency to prospective healthcare employers.
- Learning activities and case studies make it easier to master difficult material and apply HIPAA concepts to the healthcare setting.
- NEW! HIPAA updates on patient privacy include the HIPAA Omnibus Rule, additional requirements of HITECH regulations, standards relating to data breaches, and regulations prohibiting the sale of protected health information and for its use in marketing or fundraising.
- NEW! Coverage of social media describes how improper use of these platforms can compromise patient information and result in noncompliance.
- NEW! Additional coverage of patient health information (PHI) addresses the use and disclosure of information on mental health conditions, drug and alcohol abuse patients, HIV patients, and for protecting public health.
Module 1: Introduction to HIPAA
The History of HIPAA
The Privacy Rule and Standards
Policies and Procedures
Module 2: Practicalities of HIPAA
Expecting the Unexpected
Module 3: Application of HIPAA
The Complaint Process
Compliance and Enforcement Activities
Certificate of Completion
This product is available in the following formats: