Health Systems Science Education: Development and Implementation, 1st Edition
- Provides practical approaches and addresses common challenges to successfully implementing health systems science.
- Considers both clinical and classroom settings and discusses best practices, successful cases, and common frameworks implemented by early adopters of the third pillar of medical education.
- Contains clear lists of competencies.
- Covers both medical school (UME) and residency program (GME) implementation strategies.
- Offers a framework for creating an environment of continuous improvement—from pre-implementation to sustainability.
One of the American Medical Association’s Change MedEd initiatives and innovations, written and edited by members of the Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium – a unique, innovative collaborative that allows for the sharing and dissemination of groundbreaking ideas and projects.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. Getting Started: General Considerations for Health Systems Science Implementation
2. Health Systems Science Competencies in Medical Education
3. Health Systems Science Implementation in Pre-clerkship Curricula
4. Health Systems Science Implementation in the Clinical Learning Environment: Undergraduate Medical Education
5. Health Systems Science Implementation in Graduate Medical Education
6. The Role of Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice in Health Systems Science Curricula
7. Sustainability in a Health Systems Science Program: Assessment, Evaluation, and Continuous Improvement
Rosalyn Maben-Feaster, MD, MPH, Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Maya M. Hammoud, MD, MBA, Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Jeffrey Borkan, MD, PhD, Assistant Dean for Primary Care-Population Health Faculty, Bio Med Family Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, Ami DeWaters, MSc, MD, Jed D. Gonzalo, MSc, MD, Hospitalist, Internal Medicine, Penn State Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania and Stephanie R. Starr, MD, Medical Student and Resident Education, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota