Practice Management for the Veterinary Team - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Not Yet Available
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
Expected availability date: 03-01-2024
Help your students learn to navigate the day-to-day skills needed to be a valuable member of the veterinary practice team! Practice Management for the Veterinary Team: Front Office, Operations, and Development, 4th Edition covers veterinary practice management such as scheduling appointments, billing and accounting, managing inventory and medical records, marketing, professional growth and development, and communicating effectively and compassionately with clients. This edition includes revised and updated chapters leadership, the veterinary team, professional growth, and the client experience. In addition, this complete guide to veterinary practice management features step-by-step instructions, making it easier for students to learn essential practice management tasks.
- Comprehensive coverage of practice management skills includes leadership, financial management, and strategic planning, as well as telephone skills, appointment scheduling, admitting and discharging patients, and communicating with clients.
- Coverage of clinical assisting ranges from examinations and history-taking for patients, to kennels and boarding procedures.
- Veterinary Ethics and Legal Issues chapter helps you learn to protect the practice and run a practice based on ethical principles and veterinary laws.
- End-of-chapter review questions reinforce key concepts and measure mastery of the content.
- End-of-chapter Practice Managers Survival Checklist allows you to review the most essential information.
- Versatile text can be used by practice managers to study for the CVPM exam.
- Updated content highlights important technological and professional updates to the field impacting medical record management.
- New chapters covering telehealth and practice integrative management software are included.
- Current coverage includes a revised Leadership, Professional Development and Human Resources chapter and expanded content in Strategic Planning and Marketing chapters.
Section I: Veterinary Practice Team and Development 1. The Heart of Veterinary Medicine 2. The Leadership Team 3. The Veterinary Team and Front Office Procedures 4. Human Resources in the Veterinary Practice 5. Veterinary Ethics and Legal Issues 6. Professional Development 7. Telemedicine 8. Practice Integrated Management Software 9. Medical Records Management Section II: Veterinary Operations 10. Appointment Management 11. The Client Experience 12. Marketing 13. Inventory Management 14. Controlled Substances 15. Safety in the Veterinary Practice 16. Finance Management 17. Strategic Planning Abbreviations Glossary
Heather Prendergast, BS, RVT, CVPM, SPHR, Certified Practice Manager, Jornada Veterinary Clinic, Las Cruces, New Mexico