Clinical Reasoning in Musculoskeletal Practice, 2nd Edition
This new edition includes:
• Comprehensively updated material and brand new chapters on pain science, psychosocial factors, and clinical prediction rules.
• The latest clinical reasoning theory and practical strategies for learning and facilitating clinical reasoning skills.
• Cutting-edge pain research and relevant psychosocial clinical considerations made accessible for the musculoskeletal practitioner.
• The role of clinical prediction rules in musculoskeletal clinical reasoning.
• 25 all new real-world, clinical cases by internationally renowned expert clinicians allowing you to compare your reasoning to that of the best.
- Clinical Reasoning: Fast and Slow Thinking in Musculoskeletal Practice
- Understanding Pain in Order to Treat Patients in Pain
- Influence of Stress, Coping and Social Factors on Pain and Disability in Musculoskeletal Practice
- Assessment, Reasoning and Management of Psychological Factors in Musculoskeletal Practice
- Clinical Prediction Rules: Their Benefits and Limitations in Clinical Reasoning
- A Multifaceted Presentation of Knee Pain in a Forty-Year-Old Woman
- Lateral Elbow Pain with Cervical and Nerve-Related Components
- Nonspecific Low Back pain: Manipulation as the Approach to Management
- Chronic Facial Pain in a 24-Year-Old University Student: Touch-Based Therapy Accessed via Auditory Pathways
- Targeting Treatment Distally at the Foot for Bilateral Persistent Patellofemoral Pain in a 23-Year-Old: A New Answer to an Old Problem?
- Post-Partum Thoracolumbar Pain with Associated Diastasis Rectus Abdominis
- A Construction Project Manager with Insidious Onset of Lateral Hip Pain
- A Pain Science Approach to Postoperative Lumbar Surgery Rehabilitation
- A Lawyer with Whiplash
- Management of Profound Pain and Functional Deficits from Achilles Insertional Tendinopathy
- Cervicogenic Headache
- Shoulder Pain: To Operate or Not To Operate?
- Post-Traumatic Neck Pain, Headache and Knee Pain Following a Cycling Accident
- Orofacial, Nasal Respiratory and Lower Quarter Symptoms in a Complex Presentation with Dental Malocclusion and Facial Scoliosis
- Cervical Radiculopathy with Neurological Deficit
- Incontinence in an International Hockey Player
- Neck and Upper Extremity Pain in a Female Office Assistant: Where Does the Problem Lie?
- Managing a Chronic Whiplash Problem when the Patient Lives 900 Kilometres Away
- A Professional Football Career Lost: Chronic Low Back Pain in a 22-Year-Old
- Applying Contemporary Pain Neuroscience for a Patient with Maladaptive Central Sensitization Pain
- Thoracic Spine Pain in a Soccer Player: A Combined Movement Therapy Approach
- Incorporating Biomechanical Data in the Analysis of a University Student with Shoulder Pain and Scapula Dyskinesis
- Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Low Back Pain with Right-Leg Numbness in a Crop Farmer
- Physical Therapy Chosen Over Lumbar Microdiscectomy: A Functional Movement Systems Approach
- A 30-Year History of Left-Sided ‘Chronic Sciatica’
- Strategies to Facilitate Clinical Reasoning Development
Mark A Jones, BSc(Psych), PT, GradDipManipTher, MAppSc, Senior Lecturer, Program Director, Master of Advanced Clinical Physiotherapy,
School of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia and Darren A Rivett, BAppSc(Phty), GradDipManipTher, MAppSc(ManipPhty), PhD, Professor, School of Health Sciences, The University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales, Australia