Clinical Reasoning in Musculoskeletal Practice - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Clinical reasoning is a key skill underpinning clinical expertise. Clinical Reasoning in Musculoskeletal Practice is essential reading for the musculoskeletal practitioner to gain the contemporary knowledge and thinking capacity necessary to advance their reasoning skills. Now in its 2nd edition, it is the only all-in-one volume of up-to-date clinical reasoning knowledge with real-world case examples illustrating expert clinical reasoning.
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
This new edition includes:
• Comprehensively updated material and brand new chapters on pain science, psychosocial factors, and clinical prediction rules.
• The latest clinical reasoning theory and practical strategies for learning and facilitating clinical reasoning skills.
• Cutting-edge pain research and relevant psychosocial clinical considerations made accessible for the musculoskeletal practitioner.
• The role of clinical prediction rules in musculoskeletal clinical reasoning.
• 25 all new real-world, clinical cases by internationally renowned expert clinicians allowing you to compare your reasoning to that of the best.
- Clinical Reasoning: Fast and Slow Thinking in Musculoskeletal Practice
- Understanding Pain in Order to Treat Patients in Pain
- Influence of Stress, Coping and Social Factors on Pain and Disability in Musculoskeletal Practice
- Assessment, Reasoning and Management of Psychological Factors in Musculoskeletal Practice
- Clinical Prediction Rules: Their Benefits and Limitations in Clinical Reasoning
- A Multifaceted Presentation of Knee Pain in a Forty-Year-Old Woman
- Lateral Elbow Pain with Cervical and Nerve-Related Components
- Nonspecific Low Back pain: Manipulation as the Approach to Management
- Chronic Facial Pain in a 24-Year-Old University Student: Touch-Based Therapy Accessed via Auditory Pathways
- Targeting Treatment Distally at the Foot for Bilateral Persistent Patellofemoral Pain in a 23-Year-Old: A New Answer to an Old Problem?
- Post-Partum Thoracolumbar Pain with Associated Diastasis Rectus Abdominis
- A Construction Project Manager with Insidious Onset of Lateral Hip Pain
- A Pain Science Approach to Postoperative Lumbar Surgery Rehabilitation
- A Lawyer with Whiplash
- Management of Profound Pain and Functional Deficits from Achilles Insertional Tendinopathy
- Cervicogenic Headache
- Shoulder Pain: To Operate or Not To Operate?
- Post-Traumatic Neck Pain, Headache and Knee Pain Following a Cycling Accident
- Orofacial, Nasal Respiratory and Lower Quarter Symptoms in a Complex Presentation with Dental Malocclusion and Facial Scoliosis
- Cervical Radiculopathy with Neurological Deficit
- Incontinence in an International Hockey Player
- Neck and Upper Extremity Pain in a Female Office Assistant: Where Does the Problem Lie?
- Managing a Chronic Whiplash Problem when the Patient Lives 900 Kilometres Away
- A Professional Football Career Lost: Chronic Low Back Pain in a 22-Year-Old
- Applying Contemporary Pain Neuroscience for a Patient with Maladaptive Central Sensitization Pain
- Thoracic Spine Pain in a Soccer Player: A Combined Movement Therapy Approach
- Incorporating Biomechanical Data in the Analysis of a University Student with Shoulder Pain and Scapula Dyskinesis
- Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Low Back Pain with Right-Leg Numbness in a Crop Farmer
- Physical Therapy Chosen Over Lumbar Microdiscectomy: A Functional Movement Systems Approach
- A 30-Year History of Left-Sided ‘Chronic Sciatica’
- Strategies to Facilitate Clinical Reasoning Development
Mark A Jones, BSc(Psych), PT, GradDipManipTher, MAppSc, Senior Lecturer, Program Director, Master of Advanced Clinical Physiotherapy,
School of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia and Darren A Rivett, BAppSc(Phty), GradDipManipTher, MAppSc(ManipPhty), PhD, Professor, School of Health Sciences, The University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales, Australia