The Midwives' Guide to Key Medical Conditions - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- Offers complete coverage of normal pathophysiology in both the general population and in the context of pregnancy and childbirth.
- Provides comprehensive midwifery management guidelines.
- Outlines potential consequences of disease-related complications for the fetus or neonate.
- Risk management and the use of pathways of care
- Management of obesity
- Sepsis and infectious diseases
- Additional pre-existing chronic disorders
1. The midwife's role
2. Hypertensive disorders
3. Cardiac disorders
4. Thromboembolic disorders
5. Haematological disorders
6. Respiratory problems
7. Renal disorders
8. Epilepsy and other neurological conditions
9. Disorders of the endocrine system
10. Eating disorders
11. Disorders of the gastrointestinal system
12. Sepsis and infections in pregnancy and childbirth
13. Other medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth
Linda Wylie, BA MN RGN RM RMT and Helen G H Bryce, BSc RN RM ADM MTD, Retired Lecturer, School of Health, Nursing and Midwifery, University of the West of Scotland, UK