Principles of Musculoskeletal Treatment and Management, 3rd Edition
by Nicola J. Petty, DPT, MSc, GradDipPhys, FMACP, FHEA and Kieran Barnard, MSc, BSc (Hons), MCSP, MMACP
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
This is a Faculty Product!
Any student who attempts to request a review copy will be reported to the school's faculty and administration.
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- Provides theory and research knowledge to underpin treatment and management strategies for patients with musculoskeletal conditions
- Provides a rationale to support clinical decision-making
- Offers an up-to-date evidence-enhanced approach to patient treatment and management
- Emphasizes the importance of communication and clinical reasoning, as well as hands-on and rehabilitation skills
- Brand-new chapter on the principles of communication and its application to clinical reasoning
- Brand-new chapter on the principles of exercise rehabilitation
- Highlights the health benefits of some treatment approaches
- References updated throughout
PRINCIPLES OF TISSUE MANAGEMENT
2 FUNCTION AND DYSFUNCTION OF JOINTS
3 PRINCIPLES OF JOINT TREATMENT
4 FUNCTION AND DYSFUNCTION OF MUSCLE AND TENDON
5 PRINCIPLES OF MUSCLE AND TENDON TREATMENT
6 FUNCTION AND DYSFUNCTION OF NERVE
7 PRINCIPLES OF NERVE TREATMENT
PRINCIPLES OF PATIENT MANAGEMENT
8 UNDERSTANDING AND MANAGING PERSISTENT PAIN
9 PRINCIPLES OF COMMUNICATION AND ITS APPLICATION TO CLINICAL REASONING
10 PRINCIPLES OF EXERCISE REHABILITATION
Nicola J. Petty, DPT, MSc, GradDipPhys, FMACP, FHEA, Associate Professor, Centre for Health Research, School of Health Sciences, College of Life, Health and Physical Sciences, University of Brighton, Eastbourne, UK and Kieran Barnard, MSc, BSc (Hons), MCSP, MMACP, Extended Scope Physiotherapist, Hip and Knee Clinical Lead, Sussex MSK Partnership (NHS), Brighton, UK; Private Practitioner, Flex Physiotherapy, Horsham, UK