Midwifery Essentials: Antenatal - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
The second edition of the popular Midwifery Essentials series continues to help readers understand and master a range of core issues safely and with confidence!
Written by leading midwifery academics, each book in the series provides a user-friendly source of information which has been fully updated thruoghout to reflect the latest evidence-base for current practice. Now with an improved design to make learning as easy as possible, each paperback in the series focuses on the importance of communication and comtemporary women-centred care and presents helpful 'scenarios' to encourage debate and reflection.
The Midwifery Essentials series is ideal for all midwives - whether qualified or in training - and is also helpful to nurses and HCAs working in the maternity environment.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 84 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Fully updated to provide a useful, friendly source of information
- Strong focus on contemporary women-centred care
- Designed to stimulate debate and reflection upon current practice, local policies and procedures
- Scenarios enable practitioners to understand the context of maternity care and explore their role in safe and effective service provision
- Helpful ‘jigsaw’ approach enables readers to explore specific topics from a variety of perspectives e.g. consent, safety and health promotion
- Explains the professional and legal issues surrounding clinical procedures
- Chapters designed to be read as a ‘standalone’ or in succession
- Emphasises the crucial role of effective communication
- Makes reference to the latest national and international guidelines
- Embraces the principles of ‘Better Births’
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Models of antenatal care: the options available
Chapter 3 The booking history
Chapter 4 Health in pregnancy
Chapter 5 Monitoring maternal physical wellbeing
Chapter 6 Monitoring women’s emotional wellbeing in the antenatal period
Chapter 7 Blood tests in pregnancy
Chapter 8 Antenatal screening for fetal abnormality
Chapter 9 Monitoring fetal wellbeing during routine antenatal care
Chapter 10 Antenatal care – preparing for the birth
Helen Baston, BA(Hons), MMedSci, PhD, PGDipEd, ADM, RN, RM, Consultant Midwife Public Health, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Honorary Researcher / Lecturer, University of Sheffield; Honorary Lecturer Sheffield Hallam University, UK. and Jennifer Hall, EdD MSc RN RM ADM PGDip(HE) SFHEA FRCM, Independent Midwifery Educator and Researcher, Bristol, UK