Bailliere's Dictionary for Nurses and Health Care Workers, 27th Edition
The 27th edition of this established and well-respected pocket dictionary has been thoroughly revised and updated to meet the needs of nurses and healthcare workers in a variety of clinical settings throughout the world. Packed with useful information, and now published in full-colour throughout, Baillière's Dictionary for Nurses and Healthcare Workers provides the essential pocket reference resource for everyone involved in nursing and healthcare.
- User friendly text presented in a handy pocket size format
- Suitable for a variety of settings raging from the high-tech high-dependency environment to primary care and community settings
- Clear artwork helps further clarify terms and difficult concepts
- Includes common abbreviations, prefixes, suffixes and roots, together with units of measurement and normal values
- Helpful appendices cover nutrition, resuscitation, first aid, medicines control, immunization and vaccinations, and prevention and control of infection
- Ideal for all newcomers to the clinical and healthcare environment!
- Now published in full-colour throughout!
- Expanded number of entries to aid comprehensiveness
- Includes the latest information on revalidation, the legal and professional framework of nursing, professional standards of practice and behaviour, and clinical supervision
Dictionary of terms
- First Aid
- Medicines and their Control
- The Legal and Professional Framework of Nursing
- Professional Standards of Practice and Behaviour for Nurses, Midwives and Nursing Associates
- Common Abbreviations
- Common Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots
- Units of Measurement and Tables of Normal Values
- Immunization and Vaccinations
- Prevention and Control of Infection
- Clinical Supervision
Jayne Taylor, PhD MBA BSc(Hons) DipN(Lond) RN HV RNT, Head of Organisational Development, West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Watford, UK