Baillière's Dictionary for Nurses and Health Care Workers Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 27th Edition
The 27th edition of this established and well-respected pocket dictionary has been thoroughly revised and updated to meet the needs of nurses and healthcare workers in a variety of clinical settings throughout the world. Packed with useful information, and now published in full-colour throughout, Baillière's Dictionary for Nurses and Healthcare Workers provides the essential pocket reference resource for everyone involved in nursing and healthcare.
- User friendly text presented in a handy pocket size format
- Suitable for a variety of settings raging from the high-tech high-dependency environment to primary care and community settings
- Clear artwork helps further clarify terms and difficult concepts
- Includes common abbreviations, prefixes, suffixes and roots, together with units of measurement and normal values
- Helpful appendices cover nutrition, resuscitation, first aid, medicines control, immunization and vaccinations, and prevention and control of infection
- Ideal for all newcomers to the clinical and healthcare environment!
- Now published in full-colour throughout!
- Expanded number of entries to aid comprehensiveness
- Includes the latest information on revalidation, the legal and professional framework of nursing, professional standards of practice and behaviour, and clinical supervision
3 First Aid
4 Medicines and their Control
5 The Legal and Professional Framework of Nursing
6 Professional Standards of Practice and Behaviour
7 Common Abbreviations
8 Common Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots
9 Units of Measurement and Tables of Normal Values
10 Immunization and Vaccinations
11 Prevention and Control of Infection
13 Clinical Supervision
Jayne Taylor, PhD MBA BSc(Hons) DipN(Lond) RN HV RNT, Head of Organisational Development, West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Watford, UK