The Practitioner as Teacher - Updated Edition Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
• Learning objectives begin each chapter • Sets teaching within the context of nursing and education • Aids the teaching of reflective practice • Activities and exercises reinforce learning • Cartoons illustrate significant points.
This edition has been updated in the areas of:
• The Knowledge and Skills Framework (part of Agenda for Change)
• Competency-based practice
• NVQs – National Vocational Qualifications
• Re-registering with the NMC
• Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
Chapter 1. How we learn and how we can help others to learn
Chapter 2. How to make your teaching effective
Chapter 3. How to use competencies in teaching
Chapter 4. How to support learners
Chapter 5. How to assess teaching and learning
Brian Dolan, FRSA, MSc(Oxon), MSc(Lond), RMN, RGN, Director, Health Service 360, Stratford upon Avon, UK; Visiting Professor of Nursing, Oxford Institute of Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Research, Oxford; Honorary Professor of Leadership in Healthcare, School of Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work and Social Sciences, University of Salford, Salford; Director of Service Improvement, Canterbury District Health Board, New Zealand. and Sue Hinchliff, BA, MSc, RN, RNT, Formerly Visiting Professor of Nursing and Nurse Education, London South Bank University; Consultant to Royal College of Nursing Accreditation Unit; Consultant to Nursing and Midwifery Council in Advanced Nursing Practice; Adviser to Tropical Health and Education Trust