Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis, 5th Edition
- This Fifth Edition covers 125 common presenting problems in both medicine and surgery in a consistent format.
- Each topic includes a list of all potential causes of the condition, colour coded to indicate common, occasional or rare causes. Important geographical variations are also highlighted.
- Two sections cover the differential diagnosis of biochemical and haematological disorders which provide a ready check when reviewing abnormal results
- The text includes a targeted guide to the relevant general and specific follow-up investigations which should be carried out as appropriate.
- Each topic ends with a box highlighting important learning points, or indicating symptom and signs suggestive of significant pathology which require urgent action.
- A new authorial team have thoroughly revised the contents and ensured the coverage is entirely appropriate for the book’s readership.
125 chapters organised alphabetically by presenting problem within three sections – Clinical Presentations, Biochemical Presentations and Haematological Presentations.
Thomas A Slater, MBBS, MRCP, Mohammed Abdul Waduud, BSc, MBChB, MSc, MRCS, PgCert Health Research, British Heart Foundation Clinical Research Training Fellow, University of Leeds and Nadeem Ahmed, BSc (Med Sci) MSc (Imaging) MBChB